Primer are looking for a Web Developer to join their team.
Primer is here to make payments simple.
By connecting to us, businesses around the world are connected to everything they need to make payments happen.
Set up in the UK in 2020 by an ex PayPal team, we’ve been backed by some of the world’s leading investors including Balderton Capital and Accel. We’re also partnered with Klarna, GoCardless and Worldline among others.
Our teams work remotely, from anywhere. We value drive, autonomy, and transparency, and we’re looking for people to shape our culture as much as we’re looking for people to build our product.
What will the role involve?
- Being our first dedicated Web Developer - owning our website and honing it as we grow, working alongside peers from across the company - Design, Product, and more
- Implementing animations, and ensuring they can run on any device
- Ensuring cross browser/cross platform compatibility
- Researching and keeping up to date on best practices and tools for future
- Ensuring responsiveness and accessibility at all times
- Skill with implementing animations, using CSS, SVGs, Canvas or WebGL. You know what’s the most performant tool to translate designs into amazing animations that run at 60FPS on all devices.
- An appreciation for design - a love for responsive styling, and building something with 'wow factor'
- Previous web development experience - if you've worked in a design agency we'd be very interested!
- Experience with modern website optimisations (like Chrome Lighthouse), CSS, semantic HTML, SSR, and implementing SEO. Experience with Gatsby, React and Contentful is also great!
- Experience firebase tooling and analytics tracking would be great but isn't a must have!
- Share options offered as part of package
- Machine + peripherals of your choosing
- Up to £500 towards your home office setup
- Fully remote set up
- All expenses paid bi-annual get-togethers
- Learning Budget: Books + other learning resources on us
- Flexible working