Primer are looking for a Infrastructure Engineer (Remote) to join their team.
The payments landscape is changing rapidly with hundreds of ways to accept payments online globally. Given the plethora of innovation in this space, payments has never been more complex for merchants to implement and maintain; similarly, e-commerce has never been more important for merchants globally.
Primer is bringing simplicity to this complex and dynamic landscape. We offer one payment infrastructure for merchants, freeing them to work with multiple providers through our one API. We will be a constant in a world where new payments methods and services are unveiled daily.
- We were set up in January 2020 by ex PayPal founders
- We've grown to a team of 50 people, all working 100% remotely - from the UK, Sweden, France, Romania, South Africa, Singapore, the USA and more!
- We secured our Series A funding round in November 2020, with backing from Accel, Seedcamp, Balderton and Speedinvest
- We love hiring driven people and enabling them to do the best job possible by giving them autonomy in their role and encouraging a culture of collaboration
What you'll be doing
Our goals as a team are to attain 99.99(9)% uptime (yes, you read that right!). We want to ensure a globally distributed, highly available infrastructure, and ensure that our product development teams can deploy code rapidly and safely.
To do this you'll:
- Work closely with the infrastructure team to design, deploy and operate Primer's infrastructure
- Collaborate with our product development teams to implement the tools and solutions required to support the build of new features
- Working with (but not limited to) AWS, Kubernetes, Docker, Terraform, Datadog and CircleCI
- Continually keep an eye on our monitoring and alerting tools to ensure the health and well-being of our infrastructure. As a part of this, build dashboards to enable effective monitoring
- Be part of an on-call rotation and debug production issues and outages across many levels and services within the live production environment
- Being responsible for our CI/CD pipeline (we use CircleCI & Spinnaker) to enable the engineering teams to deploy new features smoothly and safely
- Writing clear and concise documentation. We believe in well designed solutions backed by robust policies and procedures
- Proven experience gained from a similar role, working on a live and complex cloud based production environment (AWS is preferred)
- Experience designing and deploying large scale systems
- Previous experience of working in a globally distributed infrastructure
- Knowledge of security practices and chaos engineering. Working in a PCI compliant or data-sensitive industry would be highly advantageous
- Ability to write functional & maintainable code to deliver new platforms and solutions (Python preferred)
- Highly motivated self-starter who values autonomy and getting things done
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- AWS certification would be advantageous, as would experience with Kubernetes in production
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment
- All expenses paid bi-annual get-togethers
- Machine + peripherals of your choosing
- Share options offered as part of package
- Up to £500 towards your home office setup
- Books + other learning resources on us