Primer are looking for a Frontend Engineer (Workflows) - Remote to join their team.
Primer is solving the biggest problem in payments
The last two decades have seen an explosion in new payment services to support new ways to pay around the world - from digital wallets, mobile payments, and open banking, to Buy Now Pay Later and crypto. Great for consumers! But, incredibly complex for merchants and developers. That’s where Primer comes in.
Primer is the world's first automation platform for payments. With Primer, merchants and developers have all the underlying infrastructure and "lego blocks" they need to build the best buying experiences for their customers.
We're also creating an all-new open distribution channel for payment services to reach new merchants. Any developer can build a connection on Primer; merchants then simply 'click and connect' to the services they need to build their desired payment flows within their Primer dashboard.
We have an all-star global team from across the world of payments and fintech - ex Braintree-PayPal, Stripe, Checkout, Tink, Recurly, TrueLayer, Paddle, Plaid, Kount, and more.
Since starting in January 2020, we've raised over $74M from top tier investors including Iconiq, Accel, Balderton, Seedcamp, Speedinvest, and RTP Global, to enable us to solve the biggest problem in payments.
The way we work is different at Primer
Primer is all about ‘Minimum Viable Bureaucracy’. We want to remove all the limitations for you to do your very best work. You can be based anywhere you like, with flexibility in how you work - what matters to us is what you do.
Trust is given by default. You’ll have unlimited time off, co-working access whenever you need it, team workations whenever you want to organise them, and visibility and transparency end to end across the company and our aims.
We're looking for a highly skilled Front End Engineer to join our Workflows team to develop our next-generation user interfaces. Workflows enable non-developers to build complex routing between third-party services. Ensuring the experience is engaging, powerful and easy to use is paramount to the adoption of this feature which will power payments for the biggest merchants on the planet.
Primer is changing the payments narrative, reducing the barriers to working effectively with a wide variety of third party services (both payments and non-payments specific).
We're looking for a highly skilled Frontend Engineer to join our remote-first "Workflows" team to develop our next-generation user interfaces. "Workflows" enable non-developers to build complex routing between third-party services. Ensuring the experience is engaging, powerful and easy to use is paramount to the adoption of this feature which will power payments for the biggest merchants on the planet.
Primer is changing the payments narrative, reducing the barriers to working effectively with a wide variety of third party services (both payments and non-payments specific). You’ll be amongst the earliest members of this team, helping to shape the direction of the product as a whole.
What you’ll be doing
- Completely rethinking how merchants route payments across third-party services
- Implement and optimise a complex user interface for describing and configuring payment flows
- Design and lead the delivery of new features for our product suite, and help us create an awesome developer experience for external partners
- Work in close collaboration with our product, infrastructure and backend teams to deliver excellent and robust user-facing products
- Develop deep payments expertise, always looking for ways to optimise our merchant-facing APIs to improve developer experience
- Create first-class documentation for our customers, partners, as well as internal teams
- Familiar with implementing complex interactions while maintaining a flawless frame rate
- Experience with Rest APIs, GraphQL, styled-components and framer-motion would be desirable
- Passion for beautiful, maintainable and well-tested code
- Highly motivated self-starter who values autonomy and getting things done
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working in a fast-paced and remote environment
- 100% remote working - work from anywhere you like, however you like
- Share options
- Unlimited holiday
- Co-working space access
- Team socials - quarterly workations, annual company events, virtual events
- Laptop, screens, everything you need!
- £500 towards your home office
- Unlimited learning budget
- Medical insurance via SafetyWings
- Location specific benefits - pension, 401k, US health insurance, etc.