Primer are looking for a iOS Engineer to join their team.
The payments landscape is changing rapidly with hundreds of ways to accept payments online globally. Given the plethora of innovation in this space, payments has never been more complex for merchants to implement and maintain; similarly, e-commerce has never been more important for merchants globally.
Primer is bringing simplicity to this complex and dynamic landscape. We offer one payment infrastructure for merchants, freeing them to work with multiple providers through our one API. We will be a constant in a world where new payments methods and services are unveiled daily.
- We were set up in January 2020 by ex PayPal founders
- We've grown to a team of 50 people, all working 100% remotely - from the UK, Sweden, France, Romania, South Africa, Singapore, the USA and more!
- We secured our Series A funding round in November 2020, with backing from Accel, Seedcamp, Balderton and Speedinvest
- We love enabling the team to perform by giving them as much freedom as possible and encouraging a culture of collaboration
The Checkout team designs and ships a beautiful payments experience across all platforms. Our checkout libraries will power online payments for some of the world's largest merchants, being used by millions of customers every day. We're looking for a versatile engineer to oversee the creation of the mobile payments experience.
What you'll be doing
- Giving birth to the best checkout experience in the world. No compromises!
- Completely rethinking how merchants integrate payments, and how customers pay online
- Designing, implementing and maintaining fully-tested and highly-optimised libraries that are miles ahead of the competition
- Creating first-class documentation for both our merchants, and for teams internally
- Working closely with users, analysing feedback and iteratively improving our products and services
- Taking ownership of key technology decisions, building for scale and reach
- Developing deep payments expertise, always looking to the future to improve upon the checkout experience, using the best tools for the job
- Conducting code reviews and mentoring a growing team
- Versatility - we're a product-focused, tech-agnostic team
- Extensive experience building, maintaining and documenting developer libraries
- Previous experience working with Swift and ideally, React Native too
- Passion for maintainable, performant, well-tested and resilient code
- Sensitivity to Developer Experience and Customer Experience
- Motivation and creativity - you'll be given lots of freedom and autonomy
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment, and comfort with ambiguity
- Genuine interest in the tech ecosystem - you know what new interesting tech is on the horizon!
Preferred but not required:
- Experience of working with mobile devices using native languages/frameworks
- Knowledge of online payments, especially alternative payment methods
- In-depth knowledge of accessibility best practices
- Previous experience working in a remote environment successfully
- Share options offered as part of package
- Machine + peripherals of your choosing
- Up to £500 towards your home office setup
- Fully remote set up
- All expenses paid bi-annual get-togethers
- Learning Budget: Books + other learning resources on us
- Flexible working