Primer are looking for a Product Designer to join their team.
Primer is solving the biggest problem in payments
The last two decades have seen an explosion in new payment services to support new ways to pay around the world - from digital wallets, mobile payments, and open banking, to Buy Now Pay Later and crypto. Great for consumers! But, incredibly complex for merchants and developers. That’s where Primer comes in.
Primer is the world's first automation platform for payments. With Primer, merchants and developers have all the underlying infrastructure and "lego blocks" they need to build the best buying experiences for their customers.
We're also creating an all-new open distribution channel for payment services to reach new merchants. Any developer can build a connection on Primer; merchants then simply 'click and connect' to the services they need to build their desired payment flows within their Primer dashboard.
We have an all-star global team from across the world of payments and fintech - ex Braintree-PayPal, Stripe, Checkout, Tink, Recurly, TrueLayer, Paddle, Plaid, Kount, and more.
Since starting in January 2020, we've raised from top tier investors including Accel, Balderton, Seedcamp, Speedinvest, and RTP Global, to enable us to solve the biggest problem in payments.
The way we work is different at Primer
Primer is all about ‘Minimum Viable Bureaucracy’. We want to remove all the limitations for you to do your very best work. You can be based anywhere you like, with flexibility in how you work - what matters to us is what you do.
Trust is given by default. You’ll have unlimited time off, co-working access whenever you need it, team workations whenever you want to organise them, and visibility and transparency end to end across the company and our aims.
We’re looking for a talented Product Designer who shares our passion for creating world-class user experiences. Design is part of Primer’s DNA - within our first few months, we had crafted beautiful checkout experiences, an intuitive dashboard, and more. Even our offer letters are drafted in Figma!
The products you design will be touched by some of the world’s largest merchants and their customers. You’ll be responsible for end-to-end design within your product team, working closely with peers from engineering, product, and more.
What will the role involve?
- Producing responsive screen designs from sketches to fully functional prototypes to test with users
- Conducting qualitative and quantitative usability testing where needed
- Always putting the user first - making our products simple, easy to use, accessible and pleasing to the eye
- Working closely with a cross-functional team of engineers and product managers
- Crafting best-in-class visuals, working with Figma and more
- Examining data points and behavioural patterns, making product improvements where possible
- Extensive experience in designing engaging user experiences across multiple platforms
- Excellent understanding of design best practices, with the ability to turn complex flows and interactions into simple solutions
- Sensitivity to user experience - with an intuition for the user, and enthusiasm for testing those assumptions; you will champion user needs and share insights with your product team
- Experience with tools like Figma
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to collaborate with peers across product and engineering
- Contributing to our Design System, and contributing to the build of a collaborative and supportive culture within the growing Design team
- 100% remote working - work from anywhere you like, however you like
- Share options
- Unlimited holiday
- Co-working space access
- Team socials - quarterly workations, annual company events, virtual events
- Laptop, screens, everything you need!
- £500 towards your home office
- Unlimited learning budget
- Medical insurance via SafetyWings
- Location specific benefits - pension, 401k, US health insurance, etc