Primer are looking for a Engineering Manager to join their team.
Primer is here to make payments simple.
By connecting to us, businesses around the world are connected to everything they need to make payments happen.
Set up in the UK in 2020 by an ex PayPal team, we’ve been backed by some of the world’s leading investors including Balderton Capital and Accel. We’re also partnered with Klarna, GoCardless and Worldline among others.
Our teams work remotely, from anywhere. We value drive, autonomy, and transparency, and we’re looking for people to shape our culture as much as we’re looking for people to build our product.
We'd love to hire an Engineering Manager into the team, to support and nurture our high performing teams, and enable us to keep building better and faster.
What will this role involve?
- Leading a team of talented people - around 20 engineers, working across mobile, front end, back end and more
- Developing our teams - supporting them in their career progression and personal development
- Hiring - working with the Talent and Engineering team to build the best processes and attract the best talent possible
- Encouraging our supportive and engaging culture within engineering, and fostering a culture of transparency and open feedback
- Planning and prioritising initiatives for the teams
- Encouraging high standards of technical design and implementation
- Ideally, helping Primer's engineering team make a name for itself through blogs, speaking events and more
- Someone who is passionate about building a highly motivated, high-performing team
- Experience in software development, ideally within fast-paced environments
- Great understanding of OKRs and structuring an engineering team
- Enthusiasm for best practice like TDD, code reviews, pair programming
- Experience hiring high calibre engineers and developing them in their careers and skills
- Ideally, experience in a start-up environment and confidence in dealing with the ambiguity and pace this can entail
- Enthusiasm in organising training sessions, casual lunch and learns, encouraging the team in knowledge sharing and participating
- Share options offered as part of package
- Machine + peripherals of your choosing
- Up to £500 towards your home office setup
- Fully remote set up
- All expenses paid bi-annual get-togethers
- Learning Budget: Books + other learning resources on us
- Flexible working