Primer are looking for a Frontend Engineer - Remote to join their team.
Primer is solving the biggest problem in payments
The last two decades have seen an explosion in new payment services to support new ways to pay around the world - from digital wallets, mobile payments, and open banking, to Buy Now Pay Later and crypto. Great for consumers! But, incredibly complex for merchants and developers. That’s where Primer comes in.
Primer is the world's first automation platform for payments. With Primer, merchants and developers have all the underlying infrastructure and "lego blocks" they need to build the best buying experiences for their customers.
We're also creating an all-new open distribution channel for payment services to reach new merchants. Any developer can build a connection on Primer; merchants then simply 'click and connect' to the services they need to build their desired payment flows within their Primer dashboard.
We have an all-star global team from across the world of payments and fintech - ex Braintree-PayPal, Stripe, Checkout, Tink, Recurly, TrueLayer, Paddle, Plaid, Kount, and more.
Since starting in January 2020, we've raised over $74M from top tier investors including Iconiq, Accel, Balderton, Seedcamp, Speedinvest, and RTP Global, to enable us to solve the biggest problem in payments.
Primer is bringing simplicity to this complex and dynamic landscape. We offer one payment infrastructure for merchants, freeing them to work with multiple providers through our one API. We will be a constant in a world where new payments methods and services are unveiled daily.
The way we work is different at Primer
Primer is all about ‘Minimum Viable Bureaucracy’. We want to remove all the limitations for you to do your very best work. You can be based anywhere you like, with flexibility in how you work - what matters to us is what you do.
Trust is given by default. You’ll have unlimited time off, co-working access whenever you need it, team workations whenever you want to organise them, and visibility and transparency end to end across the company and our aims.
We're looking for a product-minded Front End Engineer to join our remote-first teams to work on our Dashboard, focusing on crafting a slick management and reporting interface using React.
What you'll be doing
- Implementing design and functionality from specs
- Working in close collaboration with Product and Engineering teams
- Taking ownership of key technology decisions, building for scale and optimising for output
- Conducting code reviews and continuously look at ways of improving the teams' ways of working
- Always looking for ways to optimise our user facing products and interfaces
- Creating detailed documentation for projects, our customers and for teams internally
- Using your skills to abstract the complexities of online payments for our merchants
- Developing deep payments expertise in order to make managing payments intuitive
- Experience delivering high performance web applications
- Experience working with fin-tech or other complex or data heavy products
- Passion for beautiful, well tested code
- Experience building and maintaining beautiful and concise developer documentation
- Passion, motivation and confidence
- A get-things-done and take-broad-responsibility attitude
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working in a remote team
- Experience working in a fast-paced startup environment
- Share options offered as part of package
- Machine + peripherals of your choosing
- Up to £500 towards your home office setup
- Fully remote set up
- All expenses paid bi-annual get-togethers
- Learning Budget: Books + other learning resources on us
- Flexible working
- 100% remote working - work from anywhere you like, however you like
- Share options
- Unlimited holiday
- Co-working space access
- Team socials - quarterly workations, annual company events, virtual events
- Laptop, screens, everything you need!
- £500 towards your home office
- Unlimited learning budget
- Medical insurance via SafetyWings
- Location specific benefits - pension, 401k, US health insurance, etc