Primer are looking for a Lead Engineer - Dashboard to join their team.
We're looking for a product focused engineer to join and lead our Dashboard team and take ownership of key technology decisions as we build for scale and optimise for output.
Primer is an open payment infrastructure for merchants, enabling them to connect all their payment services through one API, and and manage their entire infrastructure in a simple, intuitive UI on the Primer Dashboard.
We were set up in January 2020, now we're a team of 50 people, all working 100% remotely from all over the world. We love hiring great people and enabling them to do the best job possible, by giving them autonomy and encouraging a culture of collaboration.
You can check out our tech stack here - we hire agnostically for product focused engineers.
What you'll be doing
- Working in close collaboration with infrastructure, backend and frontend teams
- Taking ownership of key technology decisions, building for scale and optimising for output
- Conducting code reviews and continuously look at ways of improving our ways of working
- Developing deep payments expertise, always looking for ways to optimise our merchant developer experience
- Creating detailed internal documentation for the projects you work on
- Experience building high performance, distributed systems
- Experience working closely with a cross-functional team, and mentoring and guiding a development team
- Experience of driving and using modern development practices such as BDD and TDD would be highly advantageous
- Passion for beautiful, well tested code
- In-depth understanding of the entire development process (design, development and deployment)
- Highly motivated self-starter who values autonomy and getting things done
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Share options offered as part of package
- Machine + peripherals of your choosing
- Up to £500 towards your home office setup
- Fully remote set up
- All expenses paid bi-annual get-togethers
- Learning Budget: Books + other learning resources on us
- Flexible working