Elvie are looking for a Packaging Technologist to join their team.
Life at Elvie - Meaningful work. Exceptional people
We develop extraordinary and smart technologies designed to improve the lives of women. It's a fascinating and challenging area that requires us to solve the problems that no one else has ever tackled before.
Our first product, Elvie Trainer, is an award-winning app-connected trainer that helps women strengthen their pelvic floor muscle via fun, five-minute workouts. It took the wellness industry by storm and is now available via the NHS Supply Chain. Our street cred is backed up by more than 12 awards for innovation and design, including the prestigious Red Dot Award and an IDA Design Award.
Our second innovation: Elvie Pump, the world’s first silent hands-free, wearable breast pump, has received international praise, including being listed as one of the Times 100 best inventions in 2019 and ‘Best of the Best’ at the Red Dot Awards 2020.
Our 3rd & 4th innovation: Elvie Catch and Elvie Curve launched on 7th October 2020. Elvie Curve uses natural suction to gently express milk during let-down while feeding or pumping from the other breast. It is small, compact, and securely worn in-bra. Elvie Catch, "Stops your leaks, not your day" is a set of two breast milk collection cups with slip-proof silicone skirts designed for total comfort and confidence. Discreet and fuss-free.
Elvie has received more than 30 awards, including being named one of 15 startups “To Watch” by The Sunday Times and ranked as the 6th fastest growing business in the UK by SyndicateRoom in 2019. Tania Boler has recently been rated as the 8th most influential person shaping British technology in 2019 by Business Insider and both products have been featured in the Oscar Nominee Gift Bags. In April 2019, Elvie announced a $42 million Series B, the largest ever fundraise in Femtech.
How do we like to work?
You will be surrounded by people who want to improve everything and everyone around them. People who are passionate about our mission. People who are driven to solve tough problems and constantly consider the best ways to improve the health and wellbeing of women.
We're deeply proud of our values, which are intrinsic to the way we behave every day. We take them seriously because we want our culture to thrive:
- We’re fearless - We tackle taboos and break boundaries, requiring sensitivity and courage.
- We’re innovators - We are passionate, curious and data-driven. We are constantly learning how to work smarter, faster and better. Always embracing change and innovation.
- We’re in it together - Together, we are constantly learning, embracing change and seeking innovation, whilst having fun along the way. We stay authentic and embrace our differences.
About youReporting directly to the Senior Procurement Manager, we are seeking a Packaging Technologist responsible for bringing together the cross-functional team to optimise our packaging design, development and manufacture across the whole range of products. You will assist in the creation of all packaging briefs to meet the commercial needs of the business. You will be results driven and striving for continuous improvement. You are a strong collaborator with excellent communication, have strong analytical skills and will enjoy working in a fast paced environment where every week presents a different challenge.
What you’ll be doing
- Drive the development, validation and manufacturing of all packaging elements from concept to production and beyond.
- Provide expert knowledge to support the development of the commercial brief, budget and design to meet the needs of our premium brand.
- Identify and manage our existing packaging to support cost saving, sustainability, and manufacturing efficiency initiatives.
- Effectively manage packaging projects alongside the product development, marketing and the wider operations team, keeping all key internal and external stakeholders aligned and updated on developments.
- Provide technical input to solution designs, materials and processes to optimise the end-to-end supply chain.
- Set the requirements for our validation testing and sampling assessments and oversee the execution of these activities ensuring all packaging is fit for purpose.
- Assist in the packaging configuration for primary, secondary and palletisation requirements, including the transportation testing assessments.
- Ensure that packaging meets regionalised requirements whilst maintaining maximum flexibility within our supply chain.
- Be the go to person for all factory, engineering and commercial support for development and quality enquiries.
- Keep up to date with any developments in the field of packaging to optimise and stay ahead of the market.
- 3+ years experience in a technical engineering or supply chain role, with a solid background in industrial or packaging design.
- Knowledge of print and packaging manufacturing techniques for premium consumer products and a proven track record in how to optimise the pack out process.
- A ninja in managing multiple priorities and strong project management skills.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills to manage multiple stakeholder engagement.
- A specialist in assessing suitable materials to meet the packaging brief and sustainability goals.
- A love for working in a fast-paced environment and a track record of delivering results.
- A relevant degree is highly desirable e.g. mechanical engineering, product design, production or manufacturing engineering, materials sciences and life.
- Strong analytical skills to process data effectively, identify patterns and form conclusions.
Note: you must have the right to work in the UK to apply for this role
We are looking after you. As well as the chance to develop products with real work impact and working with dedicated and passionate colleagues, our benefits have flexibility and wellbeing in mind with:
- Flexible work environment built on trust and autonomy
- Employee / friends & family discounts on Elvie products
- Annual personal development allowance & unlimited access to our learning & development platform
- A tax-efficient group pension scheme with SmartPension
- A tax-efficient charity donation scheme
- Life Insurance with Yulife
- Medical, Dental & Optical cash-plan
- Employee Assistance Program for you and your family
- Generous employee referral program
- Cycle Scheme & Tech Scheme
- YuLife Well-being app & access to SmartHealth app with unlimited GP appointments for you and your family, plus various well-being initiatives throughout the year
At Elvie, we believe in having diverse teams in which everyone can be their authentic self is key to our success. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply and we don't discriminate based on race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, marital status, disability or age. We are a family-friendly employer with a culture based on trust, autonomy and flexibility, and are working on making our offices wheelchair friendly and breastfeeding friendly. We do our best to accommodate part-time requests and flexible requests as much as possible. We are also a member of UK Tech Talent Charter and proudly working in partnership with myGwork and Women's tech hub.