Elvie are looking for a Web Operations Manager to join their team.
Life at Elvie - Meaningful work. Exceptional people
We develop extraordinary and smart technologies designed to improve the lives of women. It's a fascinating and challenging area that requires us to solve the problems that no one else has ever tackled before.
Our first product, Elvie Trainer, is an award-winning app-connected trainer that helps women strengthen their pelvic floor muscle via fun, five-minute workouts. It took the wellness industry by storm and is now available via the NHS Supply Chain. Our street cred is backed up by more than 12 awards for innovation and design, including the prestigious Red Dot Award and an IDA Design Award.
Our second innovation: Elvie Pump, the world’s first silent hands-free, wearable breast pump, has received international praise, including being listed as one of the Times 100 best inventions in 2019 and ‘wearable design of the year’ at the Dezeen Awards.
Our 3rd & 4th innovation: Elvie Catch and Elvie Curve launched on 7th October 2020. Elvie Curve uses natural suction to gently express milk during let-down while feeding or pumping from the other breast. It is small, compact, and securely worn in-bra. Elvie Catch, "Stops your leaks, not your day" is a set of two breast milk collection cups with slip-proof silicone skirts designed for total comfort and confidence. Discreet and fuss-free.
Elvie has received more than 30 awards, including being named one of 15 startups “To Watch” by The Sunday Times and ranked as the 6th fastest growing business in the UK by SyndicateRoom in 2019. Tania Boler has recently been rated as the 8th most influential person shaping british technology in 2019 by Business Insider and both products have been featured in the Oscar Nominee Gift Bags. In April 2019, Elvie announced a $42 million Series B, the largest ever fundraise in Femtech.
How do we like to work?
You will be surrounded by people who want to improve everything and everyone around them. People who are passionate about our mission. People who are driven to solve tough problems and constantly consider the best ways to improve the health and wellbeing of women.
We're deeply proud of our values, which are intrinsic to the way we behave every day. We take them seriously because we want our culture to thrive:
- We make an impact - we are mission driven and not afraid to break boundaries. We relentlessly focus on going the extra mile to solve problems
- We are fearless innovators - we are passionate, curious and data-driven. We continuously embrace change and innovation
- We are in it together - we fail and learn fast, always as one team, and have fun along the way. We stay authentic and embrace our differences
What you'll be doing in this role
As a Web Operations Manager you’ll be responsible for ensuring team and platform operations are optimized, streamlined and aligned with cross-functional teams – a master planner and tracker. You’re a veteran publishing/production manager, with a keen eye for detail and passion for driving business efficiencies. You’ll work alongside a growing digital team and multiple stakeholders, to ensure the site is current, relevant, and on-brand. You will support and facilitate campaign planning, territory teams, site publishing, optimisation and development rollout.
The successful candidate will be results oriented, with a bias for action; an excellent communicator, technically minded, business-focused, nimble and well-versed in resource/process management; with a steadfast obligation for continuous improvement - team, systems and processes. You won’t mind rolling up your sleeves and getting stuck in to the many tasks required for managing a successful global website.
- Establish, enhance, manage key operational processes, procedures and policies for the team – including (but not limited to): BAU, brief submission and management flow process, SLAs, performance tracking and reporting, publishing (content, asset management, search, tagging, retail links, localisation, testing, personalisation, etc)
- Define objectives and targets, as well as spotting any trends or improvement opportunities around ways of working (automation)
- Project manage key initiatives and support the publishing team as needed; Work with producers on creation of project documentation including strategy, briefs and content rollout schedules
- Track and manage resource capacity within the team and balance workload with key business priorities/beats
- Collaborate with internal teams to ensure process alignment and propose workflow changes/new features/enhancements/bugs are raised as required for the business to succeed
- Support the needs of territory marketing teams in their BAU management of local web initiatives and timely page activations (as needed)
- Ensure all training and Ops documentation is maintained and relevant
- Monitor site performance and consistency
- Business reporting - produce ad-hoc reports, tracking/championing team performance/successes, system usage and/or other business insights that could be used to drive decision-making
- Ensure timely resolution of issues
- Develop a data-driven approach to workload management, performance tracking, content production & optimization workstreams
- Identify and take advantage of new business opportunities (new platforms, tools, trends, etc) - have a deep understanding of the digital spaces
- 7+ years experience in operations or production planning, preferably in a subscription based business
- Flexible and adaptable
- Strong leadership and stakeholder management skills, must be able to influence at all levels, use data to facilitate decision making and advise best practice; not afraid to challenge when necessary
- Impeccable project management skills, with a keen eye for detail
- Traffic/Resource management experience
- Keen interest in women’s health and wellbeing, competitive landscape and digital trends is a plus
- Hands-on experience with CMS, web analytics (Google Analytics preferred); Familiarity with tools such as Asana/Wrike/Trello/Slack is desirable
- Data driven and literacy in performance data metrics, and how data can be used to deliver optimized experiences
- Experience with multi-site, multi-language, global site management
- Quick study, resourceful, resilient, highly organized, with a can-do attitude
- Excellent prioritization and multi-tasking skills, with an ability to work in a fast-paced environment with proficiency and professionalism
- Self starter with passion, energy, enthusiasm to drive results and affect meaningful change
- Views challenges as opportunities, solution oriented, creative problem solver
- Strong interpersonal skills - a team player who is able to lead and work collaboratively within the group, as well as across business units/functions
Location: Flexible, as long as you're happy to come into either our London or Bristol office a couple of days a week.
We're on an exceptional journey, and can offer you a truly purpose led career, with a culture built on trust, autonomy and flexibility. In addition, we'll give you:
- Lots of flexibility – whether it’s working from home, doing the school run or life admin we get that flexibility is essential and we trust you to do the right thing for you and us
- Share options - we'd love for you to share in our success!
- An annual discretionary bonus scheme
- 33 days annual leave (inc bank holidays), plus additional days to get married or move house
- Great parental leave policies, including paid emergency childcare
- An annual personal development allowance & unlimited access to our learning & development platform, Learnably
- Healthcare plans, life insurance and an employee assistance programme for you and your family
- Generous employee / friends & family discounts on Elvie products
- Wellbeing support from YuLife & access to SmartHealth app with unlimited GP appointments for you and your family, plus various well-being initiatives throughout the year
- Lovely offices in great locations, with drinks and snacks provided, along with fun social events (when we're able to again!)
Belonging at Elvie
At Elvie, we believe having diverse teams in which everyone can be their authentic self is key to our success. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply and we don't discriminate based on race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, marital status, disability or age.
As an inclusive employer, we are more than happy to provide suitable alternatives to our online application process. If you require the option to make a verbal application, please get in contact with us to arrange: email@example.com or 0203 745 5201.