Elvie are looking for a 3PL and Fulfilment Specialist - US to join their team.
Life at Elvie - Meaningful work. Exceptional people
We develop extraordinary and smart technologies designed to improve the lives of women. It's a fascinating and challenging area that requires us to solve the problems that no one else has ever tackled before.
Our first product, Elvie Trainer, is an award-winning app-connected trainer that helps women strengthen their pelvic floor muscle via fun, five-minute workouts. It took the wellness industry by storm and is now available via the NHS Supply Chain. Our street cred is backed up by more than 12 awards for innovation and design, including the prestigious Red Dot Award and an IDA Design Award.
Our second innovation: Elvie Pump, the world’s first silent hands-free, wearable breast pump, has received international praise, including being listed as one of the Times 100 best inventions in 2019 and ‘wearable design of the year’ at the Dezeen Awards.
Our 3rd & 4th innovation: Elvie Catch and Elvie Curve launched on 7th October 2020. Elvie Curve uses natural suction to gently express milk during let-down while feeding or pumping from the other breast. It is small, compact, and securely worn in-bra. Elvie Catch, "Stops your leaks, not your day" is a set of two breast milk collection cups with slip-proof silicone skirts designed for total comfort and confidence. Discreet and fuss-free.
Elvie has received more than 30 awards, including being named one of 15 startups “To Watch” by The Sunday Times and ranked as the 6th fastest growing business in the UK by SyndicateRoom in 2019. Tania Boler has recently been rated as the 8th most influential person shaping british technology in 2019 by Business Insider and both products have been featured in the Oscar Nominee Gift Bags. In April 2019, Elvie announced a $42 million Series B, the largest ever fundraise in Femtech.
How do we like to work?
You will be surrounded by people who want to improve everything and everyone around them. People who are passionate about our mission. People who are driven to solve tough problems and constantly consider the best ways to improve the health and wellbeing of women.
We're deeply proud of our values, which are intrinsic to the way we behave every day. We take them seriously because we want our culture to thrive:
- We make an impact - we are mission driven and not afraid to break boundaries. We relentlessly focus on going the extra mile to solve problems
- We are fearless innovators - we are passionate, curious and data-driven. We continuously embrace change and innovation
- We are in it together - we fail and learn fast, always as one team, and have fun along the way. We stay authentic and embrace our differences
What you’ll be doing in this role
As an expert in 3PL warehousing, fulfilment best practice and industry standards, you will be the specialist for the US region to drive operational excellence, ensure premium delivery of our products and ensure a ‘best in class’ approach to our 3PL fulfilment for our US customer base. You have a passion for processes and premium customer service, you are metrics driven, and you’re keen to get into the detail of continuous improvement to drive positive growth and robust infrastructure. You have excellent communications skills and love working cross collaboratively with varied stakeholders in a fast paced environment with multiple projects on the go.
- Be the expert in your region – You are the go-to person for all warehouse and fulfilment activity in the region, working in conjunction with key account managers and operations coordinators
- Manage our US warehousing and fulfilment contracts with our 3PL partners including:
- Continually reviewing performance metrics to ensure optimum efficiency of inbound, outbound and fulfilment processes, and be proactive in improving all elements of our order management cycle.
- Ensuring ongoing premium product delivery for our fulfilment processes and support our customer care function in ongoing development of reverse logistics requirements.
- Taking ownership of the business review meetings with our 3PL partners, reviewing expenditure and performance in line with the contract.
- Auditing and analysing fulfilment expenditure alongside our commercial finance team, identifying salient costs and savings opportunities in line with regional budgets.
- Managing SKUs and product set up at 3PLs, including new product line introductions and warehouse education, streamlining of product iterations and smooth management of running changes and end of life processes.
- Working closely with our Operations Coordinators to optimise stock reconciliation, investigating and resolving any discrepancies and strengthening internal systems use and data to our advantage.
- Working with the commercial finance team and sale teams, proactively contribute to our P&L and gross margin strategies for the US region, to model and ensure that all warehouse, fulfilment and carriage costs are accounted for across the product portfolio and varied fulfilment scenarios.
- Present initiatives from your ongoing review of the fulfilment landscape and key players: Have expert insights into carrier service options and fulfilment solutions in the region, identify risks and opportunities to balance our premium fulfilment and delivery service offering with contribution to overall margins.
- Coordinating and benchmarking our end-to-end service offerings with the customer care and marketing teams, harmonising expenditure, distribution suitability and regional consumer expectations to maximise Elvie’s premium brand positioning.
- Manage projects end-to-end and drive cross-functional change in line with regional continuous improvement strategies with customer satisfaction, operational efficiency and our gross margin always front of mind
- 3+ years contract management, or additional experience in 3PL warehouse management or fulfilment contract management, ideally in a medical device, premium product or FMCG industry.
- Degree level education, and ideally CIPS or similar industry relevant qualifications.
- Solutions driven and a quick thinker: You need to be pragmatic, decisive and creative, to juggle a fast paced workload with competing priorities and have agility to resolve issues as they arise.
- Exemplary communication skills with both internal & external stakeholders – You need to be customer focussed and collaborative.
- Project management skills: You can scope and identify project remits, implement project plans, manage stakeholders and timeframes for successful project deliverables.
- Analytic skills: You are data driven and comfortable with cost and scenario modelling, and have experience conducting cost reviews. Ideally, you’re a whiz with an excel spreadsheet.
- Demonstrable experience of conducting 3PL or carriage tenders or RFQs, and/or identifying and implementing cost saving measures and performance improvements in line with business goals.
- Have experience with Netsuite or comparable ERP system, and ideally have experience with WMS portals, EDI systems, systems integrations and platforms such as Celigo, Commercehub or dropship interfaces (US).
- US: Experience with major US retailers such as Target, Best Buy, Walmart and delivery compliance requirements
Note: you must have the right to work in the UK to apply for this role
We're on an exceptional journey, and can offer you a truly purpose led career, with a culture built on trust, autonomy and flexibility. In addition, we'll give you:
- Lots of flexibility – whether it’s working from home, doing the school run or life admin we understand that flexibility is essential and we trust you to do the right thing for you and us
- Share options - we want everyone to have a stake in our success
- An annual discretionary bonus scheme
- 33 days annual leave (inc bank holidays), plus additional days to get married or move house
- £100 contribution to your home working set up, to spend as you see fit
- An annual personal development allowance of £150 & unlimited access to our learning & development platform, Learnably
- Great parental leave policies, including paid emergency childcare
- Healthcare plans, life insurance and an employee assistance programme for you and your family
- A free Elvie trainer for you to keep or give away when you join
- Generous employee / friends & family discounts on Elvie products
- Wellbeing support from YuLife & access to SmartHealth app with unlimited GP appointments for you and your family, plus various well-being initiatives throughout the year
- Lovely offices in great locations, with drinks and snacks provided, along with fun social events (when we're able to again!)
Belonging at Elvie
At Elvie, we believe having diverse teams in which everyone can be their authentic self is key to our success. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply and we don't discriminate based on race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, marital status, disability or age.
If you need any support with your application, please get in contact with us: firstname.lastname@example.org or 0203 745 5201.