3-4 days per week at home
A little flex time
As a Mid Level Developer, you'll report to a Tech Lead or our Director of Technology to be a key part in the delivery and planning of our next-generation software solutions for Threads. Psychological safety is at the very heart of who we are. We work in Agile squads who are open and value continuous improvement and sharing knowledge.
We are integrating our client and internal systems to create a next-generation solution to help us to lead in luxury chat-based commerce. We believe what we're creating will set a new path for chat commerce in the fashion industry, and retail overall.
We are open to flexible working, please ask us at the interview stage.
- Work as part of the team at every stage of the software development life cycle.
- Engage in constructive, positive and actionable code reviews.
- Take ownership of problems, helping partners design solutions, and then implement them, following product development best practices, releasing to users, and then maintenance and monitoring after the releases.
- Provide input and influence discussions around technical plans, best practices and new technologies.
- Learn new technologies and bring this knowledge to the team.
- Expertise in React, or commercial experience with SQL and developing services and API's using Node.js
- Experience with the tooling involved in building modern web and mobile applications (bundlers, Linters, ES6, testing frameworks)
- A basic understanding of web application security
- A passion for nurturing your own and others development
At Threads, we always aim to use the best tool for the job. Today’s stack includes, but isn’t limited to: TypeScript, Node.js, Postgres, Koa, React, React Native, Next.js, GraphQL, Docker, Terraform, and AWS.
Our Benefits (many from day 1!):
- Vitality at Work + Private Medical Insurance plans
- Denplan + Eyecare Vouchers
- Life Assurance
- Staff discounts
- Enhanced Parent Program + Parental Leave
- The Inclusive Threads DE&I Program
- 25 Days Holiday
- Paid sick leave
- Flexible working
Want to help build the future of luxury fashion commerce? If so, you’ve come to the right place.
Threads is a fast-growing luxury fashion personal shopping and commerce business. Through social and chat-based media, we inspire our international client base to discover the rarest luxury items. We then search the globe to procure them for our clients; this is the future of retail.
Threads is in Tech City’s Future Fifty programme which recognises some of the UK’s fastest-growing businesses, pioneering the best luxury shopping experience in the world!
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Equity in selection practices
Threads practise equity in selection through targeting less represented talent pools, and offering access to development and support in interviews. We do this because we want to provide less represented groups with access to opportunities, and us, access to great people. All candidate offers are decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. If we have two candidates at the final stage, we choose the best candidate for the job.
We are a Disability Confident Employer, and have committed to the recruitment and continued employment of people with disabilities. We are working towards improved employment practices to ensure those with disabilities receive full and fair consideration for all types of vacancies as well as for training, career development and promotion. Our goal is to be recognised as an employer providing employment opportunities for people with disabilities.