Unmind are looking for a Software Engineer - Content Services to join their team.
Unmind is a workplace mental health platform. We empower employees to live more fulfilling and balanced lives by changing the way organisations around the world think about mental health. We believe that everyone has the right to a healthy mind – because we all have mental health, all of the time – and we’re striving to create a world where mental health is universally understood, nurtured, and celebrated.
In the past 12 months, Unmind has grown from a 30 person team to a fast-growing, 120 person global organisation with offices in London, Sydney, and New York. With the recent announcement of our Series B funding, we're looking forward to our next stage of growth which will enable us to deliver on our mission to improve the mental wellbeing of ten million people in organisations around the world.
We have ambitious plans to change the perception of mental health and we still need help in achieving them– which is why we’re looking for an exceptional individual to join as a Full Stack Engineer
Uniting Behind Uniqueness
We are committed to building an inclusive workplace and encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work. However you identify, and whatever background you bring with you, we welcome you to apply for a role at Unmind.
If there are any adjustments that would help improve your experience with Unmind, please do let us know when you apply.
We also believe our interview process should be inclusive and transparent. Find out what to expect and more about our commitment to diversity on our candidate FAQs page here. As always, if there is anything missing, or you've identified a way we can improve, just let us know!
The Role – Software Engineer
We are looking for a Software Engineer to join our Content Services team. This team is part of our wider Foundations Collective, a group of teams that looks after the core services of the Unmind platform. Their ultimate goal is to enable multiple teams across Unmind to scale sustainably and robustly to reach more users in the global market.
Working as part of a cross-functional team, you will work on our Content Services that enable us to deliver content at scale. Your team is initially focusing on empowering our world class content team to publish and manage the content on our platform autonomously as well as building internationalisation and localisation capabilities as we look to deliver the Unmind platform globally.
Things you'll do in this role
We’re scaling quickly, which means that the focus and responsibilities of any position can be quite dynamic – but here’s how we initially see your skills and passion coming to life at Unmind:
Build - Working closely with a Senior Engineer and your Engineering Lead, you will be responsible for delivering solutions and continuous technical improvements, initially focusing on services that enable our content teams to deliver localised content.
Own - You will be involved from ideation to deployment and beyond as we build key features of our platform and product. You will work closely with your team in finding the right balance between technical excellence and delivery of value that brings you closer to your North Star.
Drive - As a key member of a cross-functional team, you will contribute to technical discussions and will be involved in decision-making to ensure that Unmind is always using the most appropriate technologies and tools for the job.
Collaborate -You will work within a cross-functional Product Team, with a clear purpose, consisting of Product Managers, Designers, Engineering Lead, and Software Engineers You will set quarterly goals with your stakeholders and have regular feedback, ensuring we are all focusing on the most valuable work for Unmind.
Skills and Experience
- Experience of working as a Software Engineer in a more platform focused team. We don’t mind if you’ve previously been more full stack, as long as you are now keen to be on a platform team.
- Some experience with at least some of our Tech Stack (Node.js, Typescript, GraphQL, ES2015, AWS, ReCloud-based application development, Infrastructure-as-code)
- Experience of working in an agile environment with good engineering standards (testing, continuous improvement, frequent deployment)
- Passionate about mental health, tech-for-good, and generally improving people’s lives
- Comfortable working in an environment of rapid growth, constant change, and lots of unknowns
- Excited to play a part in making Unmind the global category leader of workplace mental health
At Unmind we believe in having a whole-person approach and we hope that our benefits enhance the lives of Unminders, helping them be happy, healthy and fulfilled. You can see the full details of our benefits on the careers page, but they include:
To support you throughout everyday life at Unmind
- Private Medical Insurance for you and your family
- Pension | 401(k) | Superannuation
- Global EAP
- Life Insurance
- Unmind Equity scheme
Taking time to celebrate and experience the important moments in life.
- 25 days annual leave plus your birthday day off
- Flexible working, including flexible use of Public Holidays
- Summer Fridays
- Celebration days
- £1,000 annual learning budget with 2 days learning leave
- Gender-neutral parental leave policy and Parental coaching
Ensuring Unminders have access to tools that enrich both their bodies and their minds.
- Monthly ClassPass Subscription
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Regular company socials and wellbeing activities
- Friends and family access to the Unmind platform
- Office perks (free on-site gym, rooftop seating, community events)
- Dog-friendly workplace