Unmind are looking for a Client Success Lead to join their team.
Unmind is a workplace mental health platform. We empower employees to live more fulfilling and balanced lives by changing the way organisations around the world think about mental health. We believe that everyone has the right to a healthy mind – because we all have mental health, all of the time – and we’re striving to create a world where mental health is universally understood, nurtured, and celebrated.
In the past 12 months, Unmind has grown from a 30 person team to a fast-growing, 120 person global organisation with offices in London, Sydney, and New York. With the recent announcement of our Series B funding, we're looking forward to our next stage of growth which will enable us to deliver on our mission to improve the mental wellbeing of ten million people in organisations around the world.
We have ambitious plans to change the perception of mental health and we still need help in achieving them– which is why we’re looking for an exceptional individual to join as a Client Success Lead.
Uniting Behind Uniqueness
We are committed to building an inclusive workplace and encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work. However you identify, and whatever background you bring with you, we welcome you to apply for a role at Unmind.
If there are any adjustments that would help improve your experience with Unmind, please do let us know when you apply.
We also believe our interview process should be inclusive and transparent. Find out what to expect and more about our commitment to diversity on our candidate FAQs page here. As always, if there is anything missing, or you've identified a way we can improve, just let us know!
The Role – Client Success Lead
In 2020 Unmind grew from a small 30 person team to a fast-growing, 100 person global organisation with offices in London, Sydney, and New York. We have ambitious plans to change the perception of mental health and we still need lots more people to help us achieve them.
The success of Unmind relies on us having meaningful and engaging relationships with our clients around the globe. That is why we are now looking for a Client Success Lead in New York to evolve our client success function in the US.
You will be responsible for ensuring the ongoing satisfaction and loyalty of our client, who are the lifeblood of Unmind. This role is mission-critical to the growth of our organisation, the success of our clients and ultimately, our users.
You will be responsible for the success of our initial, key accounts and ultimately grow the client success function by hiring great talent, developing the team and building the client success strategy.
This is an important early-stage hire that will have a tremendous impact on Unmind’s future trajectory within the US market.
In this role, you’ll get to:
- Lead and grow Unmind's client success team in the US market; you will help shape a scalable and ‘shiny’ client success experience for our clients, ultimately ensuring that our clients always have a great experience and ensuring retention rates are high
- Partner with our clients to ensure their employees (our users) and business leaders are getting maximum value from Unmind. This will include providing proactive data analysis and reporting as well as designing communications strategies and client initiatives (webinars & events) to support platform engagement and ongoing consultation to bolster your working partnerships.
- Be proactive in connecting with clients to understand their current needs and troubleshoot issues before they grow. You will manage and prioritise workflow internally to ensure that we always have the right resources in place to achieve this
- Collaborate with our centralized Support function for end-user queries and platform implementations as well as developing a base knowledge of these areas to help support our clients and users in real-time.
- Curate client & user feedback and effectively feeding it into our development roadmap. We want clients to feel a genuine connection with Unmind and that their contributions are explored. **
- Analyse reporting and insights to understand platform and service behaviour for both client feedback and internal planning. (A good eye for detail or trends can help us identify bottlenecks or opportunities.)
Skills and Experience
We firmly believe that no one is the finished article and that continuous improvement is key to the characteristics of a great ‘Unminder’. That said, the following experience is important for the role.
What you have done so far:
- Experience in leading a Client Success and/or Account Management team within the B2B software business, B2B SaaS environment or close equivalent.
- Experience of working across the whole client lifecycle – e.g. onboarding and roll-out; day-to-day relationship management; escalation handling; ongoing communication/marketing consultation; contract renewals/up-sells and cross-selling.
- Experience in combining product and technical know-how with empathy and patience.
- Capacity to plan, prioritise and deliver several projects at once — autonomous attitude (you do not require (or like) micro-management).
- The ability and desire to offer coaching and guidance to team members and to escalate issues and questions as needed.
- Passionate about mental health, tech-for-good, and generally improving people’s lives.
- Comfortable working in an environment of rapid growth, constant change, and lots of unknowns.
- Hungry to make Unmind the global category leader of workplace mental health.
At Unmind we believe in having a whole person approach and we hope that our benefits enhance the lives of Unminders, helping them be happy, healthy and fulfilled. You can see the full details of our benefits on the careers page, but they include:
To support you throughout everyday life at Unmind
- Private Medical Insurance for you and your family
- Pension | 401(k) | Superannuation
- Global EAP
- Life Insurance
- Unmind Equity scheme
Taking time to celebrate and experience the important moments in life.
- 25 days annual leave plus your birthday day off
- Flexible working, including flexible use of Public Holidays
- Summer Fridays
- Celebration days
- Annual learning budget with 2 days of learning leave
- Gender-neutral parental leave policy and Parental coaching
Ensuring Unminders have access to tools that enrich both their bodies and their minds.
- Monthly ClassPass Subscription
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Regular company socials and wellbeing activities
- Friend and family access to the Unmind platform
- Office perks (free on-site gym, rooftop seating, community events)
- Dog-friendly workplace