Goodlord are looking for a Customer Support Team Lead to join their team.
About the role
You and your fellow Support Team Lead(s) will be responsible for managing the day to day operations of the team in order to meet and ideally exceed team KPI’s and quality metrics.
You’ll do this through motivating and developing the team to be the best that they can and closely monitoring productivity and CSAT to ensure that the best level of support is felt by our customers.
By doing so you will drive your team, and the wider team, forward through innovative process (re)design, reporting and quality assurance activities with guidance and facilitation from the Support Team Manager. You will be the fountain of knowledge and quality police within the team by ensuring team members are fully skilled to do their very best job.
The day to day responsibilities:
Day to day management and motivation of team
- Work closely with other Customer Support Team Leader(s), with support from Customer Support Team Manager, to ensure the smooth running of the entire support team
- Represent the support team at a company level, attending stakeholder meetings and ensuring the team stay up to date with the latest developments across the business
Performance Management and Personal Development
- Conduct regular one to ones and quarterly performance reviews in line with Goodlord’s policies and procedures including setting team, individual goals for all team members and developmental projects.
- Overseeing QA activities and motivating the customer support team to continuously improve the overall quality and service levels by showing where opportunities to improve exist and then putting plans into action to affect them
- Train/(organise/support in)training all new members of the team and continue to identify any ongoing skills shortages or training needs for both individuals and team.
- Develop and maintain training guides/knowledge to aid the induction of new staff and standardise working individually or by harnessing the knowledge of the team.
- Be the first point of escalation for any team issues
- Initiate further escalation to Customer Support Team Manager/Head of Success where necessary
- Set weekly schedules and ensure breaks and lunches are adhered to
- Monitor and note timekeeping and absences
- Manage the team rota to ensure the lunch break period is covered on all channels
- Channel management to ensure best staffing at all times on phones, chats and the inbox
- Work with Customer Support Team Manager and other Team Lead(s) to innovate and roll out and process changes to maintain optimum efficiency of the team
- Carry out technical tasks to support configuration and the dev team
- Work closely with Dev-Support to ensure smooth running of ticket generation and resolution.
- Producing accurate and timely reports for the Customer Support Team Manager and wider business as and when required
- Attend meetings as and when required
- Conduct team meetings in Customer Support Team Manager’s absence.
- Leading by example by consistently maintaining top levels of quality and performance in inbound, phone, emails and chats when required
You should apply if:
- you have a deep understanding of customer support processes and the knowledge needed to lead a team of support executives, including significant experience both on the phones and web chats in a B2C and B2B environment
- you have some experience of supervising people, workloads and resources to achieve goals
- you have experience in delivering training to new executives and/or rolling out new processes and systems
- you have you are supportive and empathetic in nature and are excited about the idea of developing people
- you’re super organised and have proven your ability to prioritise effectively and meet deadlines
- you are level headed and cope well in high stress environments
- you are keen to learn, can follow instruction (and deliver) and are dedicated to your own personal development
- change doesn’t faze you; you take the rough with the smooth and take people with you on that journey
- you get on with everyone and anyone and adapt your style to communicate most effectively with them
- you are full of ideas, are not shy about expressing them and get excited about executing them
We started Goodlord because we wanted to make renting simple and transparent for everyone involved: the agent, landlord and tenant. We knew generation rent would lead to more tenants, with higher digital expectations and we were confident we could provide a solution.
And we did. Like all high growth companies it’s been a bit of a roller coaster journey, but we’re now stronger than ever, with over 1000 happy customers and exciting new products. We have ambitious plans but with William Reeve at the helm alongside co-founder Tom Mundy and a brilliant team of over 200 talented Goodlordians we are confident we’ll achieve these.
Our values guide our decisions, the way we work, our culture and the people we ask to join the team. We work hard, have fun and support each other. We’re not afraid to make mistakes (we’d never learn if we didn’t) and we’re always looking to challenge ourselves. Our style is collaboration based on honesty, friendship and respect.
And this year we’re proud to have been recognised as a Great Place to work. No one likes a show off, but we can’t not shout about this. We’ve worked hard to make Goodlord great, and it’s important you know this isn’t just words on paper; Goodlordians have validated this which has led to us being accredited:
- 9th in Deloitte’s UK Technology Fast 50
- 20th Great Place to Work in the UK medium-sized businesses
- 11th in the UK for great medium-sized workplaces for tech
- 12th in the UK for great medium-sized workplaces for women
- Excellence in wellbeing for our dedication to goodlordian’s wellbeing
It’s an exciting time here at Goodlord. If you’re inspired by what we’re doing, are up for a challenge and share our values, we’d love to hear from you.
Why You'll Love Being a Goodlordian
Aside from the role, the people, our culture and our mission, we have some other things that make Goodlord a pretty awesome place to be. Here’s a few favourites amongst Goodlordians (check out our careers page for more info).
- Grow with Goodlord: your development is important to us. Have a goal in mind? Share it with us and you can use your £1000 annual development fund to support it. We guarantee you’ll learn loads and develop both personally and professionally at Goodlord too!
- Your well-being matters: bi-weekly coaching with Sanctus to provide Goodlordians with a safe place to talk and support your mental health
- Unlimited holiday and flexible time off: we encourage Goodlordians to make use of their unlimited time off to enjoy the world, recharge and reboot. We also offer time off for volunteering and training, so you can give back to the community and pursue your passions
- Supporting your family: we offer Goodlordians of all genders a generous 3 months of fully-paid time off to look after their new arrivals
- Our team: we’re an energetic, sociable and talented bunch who are super passionate about what we do and determined to make a difference. We’re all in it together, we learn from each other, we’re genuine and we don’t have time for politics
Goodlord wants applicants from all backgrounds and walks of life, we are an equal opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive environment.
In fact one of our one of our core values is Bring our whole selves to work which is really important to us, if there is anything you need to participate fully in the interview process we'd like to hear about that too, please just include it in your application. Come join us!
Unfortunately Sponsorship is not available for this role.
Strictly NO Agencies
We reserve the right to close this role if we receive a high volume of suitable applications.
** Please note, as we are regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, all Goodlordians are required to pass a thorough referencing check via Experian before joining the team. We will only ask for references at the point of making an offer **