Goodlord are looking for a AP/AR Payments Specialist to join their team.
About the roleGoodlord’s mission is to provide the best renting experience in the world and we’re on the hunt for an Accounts Assistant - Accounts Payable to join our Finance team to help us achieve this.
We’re looking for someone who secretly geeks out on numbers, data, spreadsheets & processes and wants to take their skills to the next level as an Accounts Assistant - AP.
The tenants who wish to live in a property managed by one of our customers (estate agents) pay their move-in-monies to us, and we then remit these payments to estate agents on a daily basis. This role has responsibility for this activity. In addition, we regularly get queries from estate agents on payments and invoicing, which we need to answer promptly. You will be responsible for answering the queries, and identify improvements to our processes suggested by those queries.
Reporting to the Senior Finance Manager, working within a small finance team you will thrive working in a team, understand the need to work collaboratively, be flexible in your approach, comfortable following “anomalies” to their conclusion by interacting with all parts of the business, quick to adapt to change and be excellent at managing your time.
As part of the finance team you will be communicating with anyone and everyone both internally and externally at any given time, so whilst the numbers and data are core to this role you should also love dealing with people!
The day to day stuff:
No two days are ever the same at Goodlord so what you’ll be up to will vary. The pace we move at also means priorities will change and you’ll need to be comfortable with this (we’ll support you!). But these are the things that will be core to your role and will keep you busy.
- Reconciling our client monies account and making payouts
- Managing and monitoring accounts payable
- Bank reconciliations for multiple accounts
- Processing employee expenses
- Dealing with customer, supplier & internal queries
- Other ad hoc projects
You should apply if:
- You already have some experience of reconciliations, and/or working in a finance department
- You are comfortable working in Excel or Google Sheets
- You’re amazing with numbers
- You’re a great communicator and can build effective relationships with everyone
- You’re super organised and have proven your ability to prioritise effectively and meet deadlines
- You’re proactive and diligent with a willingness to ‘roll up your sleeves’
- You’re constantly trying to improve things and confident to ask questions and deep dive
- Have a strong work ethic and are a self-starter
- An eye for detail and commitment to quality are your superpowers
- You’re resilient to change, flexible and adaptable
Please note that this role will be primarily office based so you should be happy to work in our Spitalfields HQ although of course with opportunity to wfh a day or so a week.
We started Goodlord because we wanted to make renting simple and transparent for everyone involved: the agent, landlord and tenant. We knew generation rent would lead to more tenants, with higher digital expectations and we were confident we could provide a solution.
And we did. Like all high growth companies it’s been a bit of a roller coaster journey, but we’re now stronger than ever, with over 1000 happy customers and exciting new products. We have ambitious plans but with William Reeve at the helm alongside co-founder Tom Mundy and a brilliant team of over 200 talented Goodlordians we are confident we’ll achieve these.
Our values guide our decisions, the way we work, our culture and the people we ask to join the team. We work hard, have fun and support each other. We’re not afraid to make mistakes (we’d never learn if we didn’t) and we’re always looking to challenge ourselves. Our style is collaboration based on honesty, friendship and respect.
And this year we’re proud to have been recognised as a Great Place to work. No one likes a show off, but we can’t not shout about this. We’ve worked hard to make Goodlord great, and it’s important you know this isn’t just words on paper; Goodlordians have validated this which has led to us being accredited:
- 9th in Deloitte’s UK Technology Fast 50
- 20th Great Place to Work in the UK medium-sized businesses
- 11th in the UK for great medium-sized workplaces for tech
- 12th in the UK for great medium-sized workplaces for women
- Excellence in wellbeing for our dedication to Goodlordian’s wellbeing
Why you'll love being a Goodlordian
Aside from the role, the people, our culture and our mission, we have some other things that make Goodlord a pretty awesome place to be. Here’s a few favourites amongst Goodlordians (check out our careers page for more info).
- Grow with Goodlord: your development is important to us. Have a goal in mind? Share it with us and you can use your £1000 annual development fund to support it. We guarantee you’ll learn loads and develop both personally and professionally at Goodlord too!
- Your well-being matters: bi-weekly coaching with Sanctus to provide Goodlordians with a safe place to talk and support your mental health
- Unlimited holiday and flexible time off: we encourage Goodlordians to make use of their unlimited time off to enjoy the world, recharge and reboot. We also offer time off for volunteering and training, so you can give back to the community and pursue your passions
- Supporting your family: we offer Goodlordians of all genders a generous 3 months of fully-paid time off to look after their new arrivals
- Our team: we’re an energetic, sociable and talented bunch who are super passionate about what we do and determined to make a difference. We’re all in it together, we learn from each other, we’re genuine and we don’t have time for politics
Goodlord wants applicants from all backgrounds and walks of life, we are an equal opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive environment.
In fact one of our one of our core values is Bring our whole selves to work which is really important to us, if there is anything you need to participate fully in the interview process we'd like to hear about that too, please just include it in your application. Come join us!
Unfortunately, Sponsorship is not available for this role.
Strictly NO Agencies
We reserve the right to close this role if we receive a high volume of suitable applications.
** Please note, as we are regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, all Goodlordians are required to pass a thorough referencing check via Experian before joining the team. We will only ask for references at the point of making an offer **