INSHUR are looking for a SecOps Engineer (Contract) to join their team.
We are looking for a contract SecOps Engineer for 6 months here at INSHUR, working on our platform which covers multiple territories, including UK, New York, Netherlands and new European countries and US territories, as we expand further. This is a new role for us, so you need to be experienced and comfortable to take the lead in this area.
What you'll do
As a contract SecOps Engineer you will be responsible for driving our security operations - screening and testing the organisation's security software and cloud environments for vulnerabilities, whilst monitoring security events and operational status/performance of our deployed services.
We'd love to hear from you if you:
- Are experienced with information security and security automation
- Are confident working with TechOps, DevOps and other Engineering teams
- Are experienced with cloud platforms (preferably GCP)
- Are experienced with LINUX operating systems
- Are experienced with penetration testing
- Can build intrusion detection systems and firewalls
- Can design and build security tools
- Are experienced with automation; such as scanning our assets for new threats, reporting vulnerabilities and supporting mitigation efforts
- Enjoy effective root-cause and trend analysis of security threats and issues, followed up by post mortems for stakeholders
- Can create policies to ensure our systems follow regulatory security standard and compliance
- Understand the value of security without compromising on usability
- Are passionate about technology, are pragmatic, and love searching for the best way to solve complex problems
- Are confident optimising logging, metrics, and monitoring systems, to cut down on alert fatigue
- Understand the importance of insight and visibility into application security, behavior and performance
- Are fluent in Python and enjoy building bespoke tooling
- Subscribe to Infrastructure as Code principles and have experience withTerraform
- Are familiar with Kubernetes and service oriented/microservice based architecture
We are a well-funded business at the forefront of urban mobility and one of the fastest-growing and commercially proven Insurtech companies in the new insurance landscape. Working closely with globally recognised partners we are on a mission to change the way customers buy, and feel, about insurance, for good. Our current product is an insurance app for taxi, TLC, ride-share, private fleet and private hire drivers, enabling them to get from quote to full policy and driving in the shortest possible time with a simple click of a few buttons. Our products are currently live in the US, UK and NL markets and we have exciting plans to expand to new territories and add new lines of product in 2021.
We are based in beautiful Brighton - sea, chips and seagulls included but currently work 100% remote. Post-pandemic we will be likely transitioning to a hybrid office and home-based model with travel to the office at least twice per month.