Unfortunately we are unable to sponsor Visas at this time, but please do check back in with us in the future.
11:FS does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, colour, religion, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other reason prohibited by law in provision of employment opportunities and benefits.
At 11:FS we see ourselves as the challenger team dedicated to helping banks and FS players transform themselves and the industry we love. For us this means rethinking what it takes to operate in financial services top to bottom to help our partners build and launch next generation digital propositions around the globe.
To do this we need an amazing team so we have pulled together the best in financial services and beyond. Our people have co-founded and grown challenger banks like Monzo, Starling, and Tandem, led the technology platforms at Nutmeg, Betfair and beyond and transformed banks like Lloyds, Halifax, Barclays, QNB and Natwest.
11:FS is a collection of startups united by purpose. Our Consulting practice builds challenger propositions globally, like we did for Natwest with Mettle. Our Research and Benchmarking team has built the amazing 11:FS Pulse service used by the likes of Monzo, Starling, Natwest and Tesco Bank. Our 11:FS Foundry team are building the Financial Services Operating System to help businesses quickly add Financial Services to their offering. Lastly we are a media company, generating content that supports our brand and changes the conversation - not necessarily in that order.
We truly live our values at 11:FS, and they are critical to your entire journey here. We are looking for our new colleagues to add to our culture, and this is as important as pure technical fit. As part of your interview process we’ll deep dive into our values and your beliefs. Everyone at 11:FS fits our 4 core values: Team, Attitude, Communication and Impact, and this remains at the core of our growth.
11:FS Foundry enables businesses to embed finance into their products in weeks, not years. We call it our Financial Services Operating System - we’re building the finance workflows and user journeys so our clients can focus on making game-changing intelligent digital services. Whole financial products can be created with pure configuration, with payment and identity provider integrations ready to go and comprehensive APIs for creating rich user experiences.
We’re big believers in autonomous teams and iterative development. We’re crazy about continuous improvement and knowledge sharing, and we want people who share our enthusiasm.
We strive to always build the right thing and build the thing right, so we place great emphasis on code quality and testability, test driving, continuously integrating and pairing as we go.
We think functional programming and event sourcing are a great fit for Foundry, and use them as best we can, but we’re not dogmatic about it.
We make designing the product everyone’s business - what we are going to do and how we do it are team decisions. And we focus on meeting exactly what the customer needs now, always aiming to build the minimum lovable product.
We strongly believe that you grow a system, rather than build it, so our architecture and infrastructure is designed to allow us to roll small bits of code to production really fast. And really often.
We build our platform with tech like:
- GraphQL based APIs - we use Apollo on the client side
- Cloud deployments - GCP, Docker, Kubernetes, Concourse, CircleCI
- Observability - Sentry
We are looking for skilled Frontend engineers to help build Foundry. You’ll be a key player in our team, building out new products and features of the frontend platform, which includes various react web apps and a native app (built in React Native). We choose a strongly typed approach to building our front end applications, so experience with TypeScript is great to have.
Building high performance, scalable, available, fault tolerant systems is a team game and so we want to know that you play well with others. Lone geniuses are brilliant - just not for us.
As a Senior React Native engineer your role will include:
- Build, test, deploy and own TypeScript web and native applications as part of a multi-disciplinary and cross-functional team.
- Iterating on our existing internal design system, building testable and reusable components to use across our web and native products.
- Fully test your applications using unit, integration and e2e testing.
- Participate in regular showcases of new work to the product owners and other business stakeholders.
- Contribute to your team via pair programming, code reviews, knowledge sharing and demonstrations.
- Experience with some or all of the technologies in our platform or equivalents
- Strong TypeScript experience
- Background and/or enthusiasm for the ways we work:
- Test Driven Development - we use jest and react-testing-library across our codebase
- Build automation, continuous integration and continuous deployment to production systems
- Agile/iterative development processes
- Shared code ownership & cross-functional teams
- Collaborative design and development
- Pair programming
- It would be a bonus if you have experience with:
- Full-stack development inc. Scala
- Experience with Swift / C++ for native app development
- Experience working on server-side applications with Node
- Financial Services