We are looking for a commercially-minded thinker with a fresh point of view on category opportunities within the personal luxury goods space, who is confident with sales trading and reporting category performances both from a sales/stock and customer behaviour perspective.
FARFETCH exists for the love of fashion. Our mission is to be the global platform for luxury fashion, connecting creators, curators and consumers.
We're a positive platform for good, bringing together an incredible creative community made up by our people, our partners and our customers. This community is at the heart of our business success. We welcome differences, empower individuality and celebrate diverse skills and perspectives, creating an inclusive environment for everyone. We are FARFETCH for All.
COMMERCIAL & SUSTAINABILITY
We're partnering with the world's best brands, boutiques and department stores to provide our customers with a unique shopping experience and access to the most extensive selection of luxury on a single platform. We work with all areas of FARFETCH to achieve business success and to improve our social and environmental impact. We want to empower our consumers to think, act and choose positively while offering an unrivalled range of fashion to empower their individuality.
Our London office is located in Old Street, London's tech hub, and is home to a broad range of teams including Commercial, Marketing, and Product. Our open plan space is ideal for collaborative working and sharing ideas, or you can enjoy some quiet time in our dedicated library. We also have a large outdoor terrace which is the perfect spot to have a team lunch or host events.
We are recruiting a Category Management Analyst on a 12 month fixed-term contract. The Category Management team manages scoping, launching, and trading non-fashion categories on Farfetch. Today, these categories include: Kids, Hard Luxury (Jewellery & Watches), Eyewear, Homeware, and Pre-Owned. In 2022, we will launch Beauty. These are typically our newest and fastest-growing categories, and require category specialists who are subject-matter-experts in their category to drive them. The Category Management team not only focuses on the marketplace, but also works across the Farfetch Group to lend category expertise to Fashion Concierge/Private Client, Browns, Stadium Goods, and NGG. You will report to the Senior Category Development Manager. We are looking for a commercially-minded thinker with a fresh point of view on category opportunities within the personal luxury goods space, who is experienced with sales trading and reporting category performances both from a sales/stock and customer behaviour perspective.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Work with Finance to forecast and reforecast all category performance, and track week-by-week performance against targets
- Monitor categories performance and provide clear and structured feedback to internal and external partners: such as weekly and monthly category trading reports, dedicated performance analysis to support strategic and commercial partnerships (e.g. buy reviews, cheat sheets, category packs), Quarterly & Semi-Annual Business Reviews
- Work with Private Client (VIP) teams to merge offline and online sales data and use insights to activate this valuable customer segment
- Work with the broader Commercial and Marketing teams to gather additional insights to support your analyses
- Maintain close liaison with Browns team to support and influence their buying with Farfetch insights but also to use their market expertise to investigate opportunities to grow Farfetch business
WHO YOU ARE
- Experience within merchandising and e-commerce; a focus on Luxury Fashion and Multibrand platforms is ideal
- Expert in Microsoft Excel (can perform complex functions), great with data, a love of crunching numbers, with a solid ability to identify important issues that need to be addressed and provide analysis; knowledge of reporting & analytics tools (e.g., Looker, SQL, Google Analytics) is ideal
- Expert in Microsoft PowerPoint with the capability to visually represent processes, performance results and project streams in a simple but effective way
- Excellent planning skills, ensuring deliverables are ready on time, accurate and prioritised accordingly
REWARDS & BENEFITS
- FARFETCH Equity plan and annual discretionary bonus
- Flexible benefits - Private Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Gym Memberships, Pension scheme and more
- Critical Illness Insurance and Life Assurance
- Access to Unmind: an independent and completely confidential digital mental health platform
- Flexible working environment and more!
EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES STATEMENT
- FARFETCH is an equal opportunities employer ensuring that all applicants are treated equally and fairly throughout our recruitment process. We are determined that no applicant experiences discrimination on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, disability, age, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, veteran status, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. We continue to build our consciously inclusive culture as part of our Positively FARFETCH strategy throughout our business, partnerships and communities.