The Legal, Ethics and Compliance Team at Farfetch is looking for a Senior Legal Counsel - reporting to the Principal Legal Counsel (IP & Innovation). You will enjoy an extremely broad role, delivering high-quality legal advice and services across multiple operational territories together with our wider international Legal, Ethics and Compliance Team sitting in Porto, Moscow, Dubai, New York, Milan and Shanghai.
FARFETCH exists for the love of fashion. Our mission is to be the global platform for luxury fashion, connecting creators, curators and consumers.
We're a positive platform for good, bringing together an incredible creative community made up by our people, our partners and our customers. This community is at the heart of our business success. We welcome differences, empower individuality and celebrate diverse skills and perspectives, creating an inclusive environment for everyone. We are FARFETCH for All.
We are an award-winning full service in-house Legal, Ethics and Compliance function. We're based in the UK, Russia, Portugal, China, Italy, UAE and the US. We provide leadership and advice on strategic projects across all business units, whilst developing our role as an integrated partner within the business to make sure FARFETCH goes from strength to strength.
Our London office is located in Old Street, London's tech hub, and is home to a broad range of teams including Commercial, Marketing, and Product. Our open plan space is ideal for collaborative working and sharing ideas, or you can enjoy some quiet time in our dedicated library. We also have a large outdoor terrace which is the perfect spot to have a team lunch or host events.
The Legal, Ethics and Compliance Team at Farfetch is looking for a Senior Legal Counsel - reporting to the Principal Legal Counsel (IP & Innovation). You will enjoy an extremely broad role, delivering high-quality legal advice and services across multiple operational territories together with our wider international Legal, Ethics and Compliance Team sitting in Porto, Moscow, Dubai, New York, Milan and Shanghai. Being a true business partner, you will be hands-on and commercially minded, with a professional ethic and the energy, interest and training to pursue a broad array of marketing and content matters. This is a role with great potential to quickly grow, develop your level of experience, responsibility and autonomy.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Work with the Principal Legal Counsel (IP & Innovation) on marketing and content matters, negotiating contracts and IP usage rights for marketing and customer-facing projects across the globe.
- Support Farfetch's creative, brand, marketing and media teams to develop creative assets and marketing materials for a broad array of platforms, advising on legal risk and compliance issues (including issues relating to advertising, consumer protection, IP rights, data privacy and media regulation).
- Being the primary Legal contact for all legal and compliance issues for teams across the business on multiple projects, including Farfetch's global brand campaigns, editorial and other content on the Farfetch Marketplace, brand collaborations and brand engagement, affiliate marketing partnerships, promotions and competitions, social media content and influencers, PR, SEO and digital marketing and Farfetch Media Solutions.
- Support the Principal Legal Counsel (IP & Innovation) and wider Legal team on the IP elements of large-scale commercial projects and corporate acquisitions.
- Design and deliver training to upskill colleagues on relevant legal and compliance issues (including IP creation, ownership and exploitation, advertising regulation and consumer protection issues)
- Work with the Legal teams in Russia, Portugal, US, Italy, UAE and China on a range of marketing and content matters arising out of these territories.
WHO YOU ARE
- Be a qualified lawyer with at least 3 years' PQE and strong IP experience, either as a commercial/IT/IP lawyer or a marketing and content specialist (trade marks and copyright are necessary ).
- Have excellent training; prior in-house experience would be beneficial.
- Have a global outlook and experience working with multiple territories or managing international projects.
- Be experienced in managing external counsel or agents on specific projects.
- Deliver commercial and pragmatic solutions and concise advice.
REWARDS & BENEFITS
- FARFETCH Equity plan and annual discretionary bonus
- Flexible benefits - Private Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Gym Memberships, Pension scheme and more
- Critical Illness Insurance and Life Assurance
- Access to Unmind: an independent and completely confidential digital mental health platform
- Flexible working environment and more!
EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES STATEMENT