Unmind are looking for a Principal Product Manager - Health Services to join their team.
Unmind is a workplace mental health platform. We empower organisations and employees to measurably improve their mental health. We do this by providing clinically-backed assessments, tools, training, and signposting that anyone within an organisation can use to proactively improve their mental wellbeing. Our digital platform is beautifully designed, non-stigmatising and globally scalable – helping to create healthier, happier, more human organisations around the world.
Unmind is transforming mental health in the workplace. We have developed a category-leading digital platform, raised over £10m from top-tier investors, and signed over 80+ clients globally – including the likes of John Lewis, British Airways, and Just Eat... but we’re just getting started.
We believe that everyone has the right to a healthy mind – because we all have mental health, all of the time – and we’re striving to create a world where mental health is universally understood, nurtured, and celebrated.
The Role – Health Services Principal Product Manager
In 2020 Unmind grew from a small 30 person team to a fast-growing, 100 person global organisation with offices in London, Sydney and New York. We have ambitious plans to change the perception of mental health and we still need lots more people to help us achieve them.
We have big growth plans, and our ability to deliver delightful, impactful and exceptional product experiences (for both users and clients) will be paramount to our continued success.
We are looking for a deeply empathetic Principal Product Manager, who is experienced in greenfield product discovery, able to take a domain from zero to one to join Unmind’s Product team.
You will be extremely confident initially running solo with new ideas and building a cross-functional team around you to validate the risks associated with value, usability, viability and feasibility.
This is a special opportunity to spearhead new services in a fast-growth, high-impact, mission-driven startup.
We’re scaling quickly, which means that the focus and responsibilities of any position can be quite dynamic – but here’s how we initially see your skills and passion coming to life at Unmind:
- Own: A thought leader in every aspect of the product development lifecycle within cross-functional teams – from exploring problem spaces to initial ideation and scoping of initiatives, through to delivery and post-release validation – your actions will have a genuine impact on people’s lives.
- Prioritise: There are so many opportunities we could pursue to improve the product, and you've got a range of frameworks to lean on to ensure we are ruthlessly prioritising at all times. From bigger strategic opportunities to smaller, tactical initiatives and quick wins, you're able to say "no” when necessary and communicate to stakeholders the "why" underpinning our current priorities.
- Craft: From business cases to user stories, you’ll be scoping, discovering & shipping solutions that will help improve the lives of our users, clients, and partners.
- Measure: We believe in outcomes over outputs and making data-informed decisions. You'll be responsible for a set of product metrics that keep us grounded in reality and ensure we're making progress towards all our important goals, aligned to our strategy. You are a seasoned practitioner in discovering those most valuable metrics that skyrocket your team to success.
- Reflect: We’re proud of our current product, but there’s SO much more to do; you’ll continually distil feedback and data from various touch-points, combining hard numbers with human nous to identify pinch-points, develop solutions, and prioritise actions.
- Champion: Generate authentic excitement around product developments at Unmind – evangelising our vision, mission, strategy and roadmap. Leading by example and being the shiniest role model of learning through rapid discovery and delivery.
Skills & Experience
- A seasoned Principal Product Manager, who has demonstrable experience of greenfield product discovery, taking ideas from zero to one and building a viable product.
- Extensive experience of working within cross-functional Product Teams (including software engineers, designers and data specialists) daily that are outcome-driven, focusing on understanding and solving problems, delivering at pace with an emphasis on learning fast and iterating.
- Deep knowledge of agile methodologies (i.e. Scrum, Kanban) and lean practices, including demonstrable experience of knowing when and how to apply them.
- A customer champion, understand the value of user research and prototyping, using these data points to drive product improvements
- Operates with a growth mindset. Always be looking for incremental improvements to yourself, the team and the product
- You take a collaborative approach to product management and are comfortable communicating with a variety of technical & non-technical stakeholders across the organisation
At Unmind, we believe in uniting behind uniqueness. We believe our differences are what unites us as humans, and we seek out diverse opinions, beliefs, and experiences because they collectively make us stronger. We are committed to building an inclusive workplace and encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work. However you identify, and whatever background you bring with you, we welcome you to apply for a role at Unmind.
You will be joining a strong, talented team of ~100 people who are deeply passionate about making a positive dent in the landscape of mental health worldwide. We have incredible investors, partners, clients, advocates, and ambitions... which is where you come in.
Spearheading the discovery and establishment of a new proposition and team to help more people in the mental health journey.
Our future success(es) will rely on the continuation of that momentum – of which our ability to find, attract, and retain exceptional people (whilst retaining our strong culture and values) will be paramount.
At Unmind we believe in having a whole person approach and we hope that our benefits enhance the lives of Unminders, helping them be happy, healthy and fulfilled. You can see the full details of our benefits on the careers page, but they include:
To support you throughout everyday life at Unmind
- Private Medical Insurance for you and your family
- Pension | 401(k) | Superannuation
- Global EAP
- Life Insurance
- Unmind Equity scheme
Taking time to celebrate and experience the important moments in life.
- 25 days annual leave plus your birthday day off
- Flexible working, including flexible use of Public Holidays
- Summer Fridays
- Celebration days
- £1,000 annual learning budget with 2 days learning leave
- Gender-neutral parental leave policy and Parental coaching
Ensuring Unminders have access to tools that enrich both their bodies and their minds.
- Monthly ClassPass Subscription
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Regular company socials and wellbeing activities
- Friends and family access to the Unmind platform
- Office perks (free on-site gym, rooftop seating, community events)
- Dog-friendly workplace