This is a Project Manager role in the Development team at Conscious, managing the design and development of client websites on both WordPress and our own proprietary CMS platform, at our 38-person web agency in the heart of Bristol.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrable skills and experience in managing multiple website-related projects, coupled with a familiarity of digital products and a confidence to liaise directly with clients.
The right candidate for this role will have experience of managing multiple projects at once and can balance the need to prioritise or hold a project depending on the client’s needs and internal resource constraints (as there will be some!).
You will be familiar with the digital marketing world, and in particular, the steps needed to take a website project from design through build, to completion.
Good customer service and clear communication come naturally to you – you enjoy talking with clients on the phone and you’re comfortable having the difficult conversations (well, as comfortable as one can be!).
Organisation and planning are at the heart of how you work. You will be comfortable taking the lead on projects to make sure everyone on the team knows who is doing what and by when.
Reporting to the Head of Development, your main role will be to manage a wide variety of client projects that come via the Account Management team. These projects vary in both type (predominantly websites, but also branding and copywriting) and project scale (anywhere from 3 hours for functionality changes to websites or new website modules - to 500 hours for bespoke designed websites).
The following is a list of the main tasks this job role will handle, but is by no means an exhaustive list and may be varied from time to time:
- Take new projects sold by the Account Management team from briefing to completion
- Setup projects using established processes and templates to track project budgets and their status (using SuiteCRM, soon to be ClickUp)
- Work constructively with the other Project Managers and Head of Development to resource all project work
- Contact clients to book in calls/meetings, which includes liaising with them regarding ad hoc queries and updates across the project milestones
- Ensure that clients are sending in their deliverables on time to prevent project delays
- Balance resource planning across multiple projects
- Be a key member of client facing meetings or calls as required at any stage of the project process
- Act as the main point of contact throughout the project
- Brief the team members assigned to each project and ensure that tasks are completed as per timeframes (using Trello, soon to be ClickUp)
- Ensure that administrative tasks are kept up to date on each project at any given point
- Ensure that work completed is of good quality (requires excellent attention to detail)
- Monitor time spent against budgets and quote for work outside of the original specification to prevent project creep
- Identify potential issues/risks with the Head of Development and Head of Account Management, managing client expectations accordingly. Ask us about our ‘red flag’ approach
Applicants must have the following experience, evidenced in a professional capacity:-
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Eagle-eyed attention to detail skills
- Minimum of 1 years’ experience in Project Management
- Understanding of different digital marketing and web development practices
- Excellent organisational skills: project and time-management and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to multi-task while maintaining a calm manner
- Manage change as it materialises throughout a project
- Have the ability to identify potential issues/risks and manage them accordingly
- Problem solving/troubleshooting skills
- Experience of working to tight deadlines
- Managing your peers i.e. team members in other teams; delegating work, ensuring it is delivered as scoped and on time – and all with great people management skills
Experience with/of the following is desirable:-
- Previous experience as a Project Manager running website/app/software projects
- Knowledge of WordPress or similar Content Management Systems
- A basic understanding of the legal market, trends and services provided by lawyers/solicitors
Salary & Benefits
- Dependent on experience but expected to be in the range of £30,000 - £40,000
- 25 days annual holiday + Bank Holidays
- Contributory pension
- 2 days charity work per year
- Highly–sociable company, partaking in fundraising events, social events. Christmas & summer parties (as you’d expect!)
- Awesome staff area
- Free eye tests
- Long Service rewards and recognition
- A staff referral scheme giving you the opportunity to earn up to £400 for recommending a friend.
- CycleToWork and Techscheme schemes in place
- Our office is located at Royal London Buildings, 42-46 Baldwin Street, Bristol, BS1 1PN or some other location central Bristol should we ever move.
- The majority of the team are currently all working from home with a few people in the office and a plan in place for a fully flexible approach to work going forward. Remember, “work is a thing you do, not a place you go”.
Hours of Work
- Monday to Friday
- 37.5 hours per week
- 9.00am to 5.30pm (unless otherwise agreed)
- As part of the role, you will be expected to travel to clients’ offices from time to time; sometimes this may involve out of hours travel
Liam Hegenbarth, Head of Development