You have a unique opportunity to join a global product design team who are improving the luxury fashion industry, defining what luxury means for digital.
FARFETCH exists for the love of fashion. Our mission is to be the global platform for luxury fashion, connecting creators, curators and consumers.
We're a positive platform for good, bringing together an incredible creative community made up by our people, our partners and our customers. This community is at the heart of our business success. We welcome differences, empower individuality and celebrate diverse skills and perspectives, creating an inclusive environment for everyone. We are FARFETCH for All.
We're the customer experts and advocates. Our teams work on the end-to-end product lifecycle; from understanding the motivations and needs of our customers and partners, to designing and testing hypotheses, to creating industry-leading experiences for luxury shoppers, sellers and service providers. We set our Product vision and achieve our strategy in close partnership with teams across the business.
Our London office is located in Old Street, London's tech hub, and is home to a broad range of teams including Commercial, Marketing, and Product. Our open plan space is ideal for collaborative working and sharing ideas, or you can enjoy some quiet time in our dedicated library. We also have a large outdoor terrace which is the perfect spot to have a team lunch or host events.
Reporting to the Senior Manager for Design Operations we're looking for an experienced design-leader who can use evidence and knowledge of user-behaviour to determine product and experience strategy for broad areas of Farfetch's customer experience. Principal Designers at Farfetch are responsible for design leadership of domains that require a deep expertise and excellence in craft. These domains can be more product design focussed (eg Web, iOS, Android, Tooling) or customer experience focussed (eg Accessibility, Localisation, Personalisation). As well as being the design team's expert for a domain, you're expected to take the lead on complex projects to bring clarity of action so others in the team are able to play their part. You will use high levels of craft knowledge to set standards of quality and coherency in our products, and you are expected to ensure teams work within our design standards, and contribute to our design system. You'll specialise in Web but have deep working experience of other channels and a portfolio of examples which demonstrate your experience with product development.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Work with research and product leadership teams to set experience strategy.
- Lead by example, willing to demonstrate craft leadership and develop others.
- Help accomplish Consumer Product's strategic vision by working with teams and helping them turn strategy into actions.
- Oversee execution and give feedback and direction to our designers.
- Shape experience strategy for the web, and ensuring it's understood by everyone necessary for its success
WHO YOU ARE
- You have experience as a leader in multidisciplinary product teams in large businesses
- You have experience working with researchers and user-centred design practices
- You can demonstrate the process and outcome of the evidence-based approach that you've employed on previous projects
- You will have working knowledge of web development
- You will have working knowledge of accessibility
- You have knowledge of developing and working with full-stack design systems.
REWARDS & BENEFITS
- FARFETCH Equity plan and annual discretionary bonus
- Flexible benefits - Private Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Gym Memberships, Pension scheme and more
- Critical Illness Insurance and Life Assurance
- Access to Unmind: an independent and completely confidential digital mental health platform
- Flexible working environment and more!
EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES STATEMENT
- FARFETCH is an equal opportunities employer ensuring that all applicants are treated equally and fairly throughout our recruitment process. We are determined that no applicant experiences discrimination on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, disability, age, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, veteran status, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. We continue to build our consciously inclusive culture as part of our Positively FARFETCH strategy throughout our business, partnerships and communities.