FARFETCH exists for the love of fashion. Our mission is to be the global platform for luxury fashion, connecting creators, curators and consumers.
We're a positive platform for good, bringing together an incredible creative community made up by our people, our partners and our customers. This community is at the heart of our business success. We welcome differences, empower individuality and celebrate diverse skills and perspectives, creating an inclusive environment for everyone. We are FARFETCH for All.
We're a global team with a presence in all of our locations around the world. Our biggest teams are based in the UK and Portugal. Our team in Porto focuses on financial reporting and operations, while the Group Finance team in London is made up of Corporate Development, Tax, Treasury and Commercial Finance. All of our teams play an instrumental role within the business, from developing best practice, delivering strategic projects and helping us to tell our story with data.
Our London office is located in Old Street, London's tech hub, and is home to a broad range of teams including Commercial, Marketing, and Product. Our open plan space is ideal for collaborative working and sharing ideas, or you can enjoy some quiet time in our dedicated library. We also have a large outdoor terrace which is the perfect spot to have a team lunch or host events.
An exciting opportunity to join the Tax Team of a dynamic, fast growing, technology business, supporting the expansion of the group and improving assurance on VAT applicable to the Group. The VAT Principal for Supply will have a commercial focused role in providing support to our business customers on questions around the VAT arrangements implemented or to be implemented by Farfetch in EMEA. You will provide practical, commercial advice to the commercial teams, e.g. Business Development, Account Managers, and Partner Service to support them in discussions with our Partners, i.e. multi-brand and mono-brand sellers on Farfetch.com, and working closely with the Group Head of Indirect Tax.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Work with the Group Head of Indirect Tax on communication to Partners' facing teams on VAT matters
- Manage communication with the Partners' teams on initiatives by the indirect tax team and issues being raised by the these
- Be the point of contact for internal and external queries on commercial aspects of the approach on VAT on Farfetch.com marketplace Create a framework for communication and exchange of information as to keep the commercial team aware of changes and issues as required
- Provide VAT technical support and prepare draft replies on complex VAT matters for non-tax stakeholders
- Ensure that all VAT risks facing Farfetch are flagged to the wider indirect tax team
- Build constructive relationships with commercial teams and proposed communication to Partners
WHO YOU ARE
- Professional qualification is an advantage, CTA, or equivalent.
- Previous experience on fashion industry and / or e-commerce highly desirable
- Ability to explain complex VAT points to non-tax stakeholders
- Ability to operate in an changing organisation undergoing tremendous growth.
REWARDS AND BENEFITS
- FARFETCH Equity plan and annual discretionary bonus
- Flexible benefits - Private Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Gym Memberships, Pension scheme and more
- Critical Illness Insurance and Life Assurance
- Access to Unmind: an independent and completely confidential digital mental health platform
- Flexible working environment and more!
EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES STATEMENT
- FARFETCH is an equal opportunities employer ensuring that all applicants are treated equally and fairly throughout our recruitment process. We are determined that no applicant experiences discrimination on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, disability, age, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, veteran status, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. We continue to build our consciously inclusive culture as part of our Positively FARFETCH strategy throughout our business, partnerships and communities.