Unmind are looking for a Product Manager to join their team.
Unmind is a workplace mental health platform. We empower employees to live more fulfilling and balanced lives by changing the way organisations around the world think about mental health. We believe that everyone has the right to a healthy mind – because we all have mental health, all of the time – and we’re striving to create a world where mental health is universally understood, nurtured, and celebrated.
In the past 12 months, Unmind has grown from a 30 person team to a fast-growing, 120 person global organisation with offices in London, Sydney, and New York. With the recent announcement of our Series B funding, we're looking forward to our next stage of growth which will enable us to deliver on our mission to improve the mental wellbeing of ten million people in organisations around the world.
We have ambitious plans to change the perception of mental health and we still need help in achieving them– which is why we’re looking for an exceptional individual to join as a Product Manager.
Uniting Behind Uniqueness
We are committed to building an inclusive workplace and encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work. However you identify, and whatever background you bring with you, we welcome you to apply for a role at Unmind.
If there are any adjustments that would help improve your experience with Unmind, please do let us know when you apply.
We also believe our interview process should be inclusive and transparent. Find out what to expect and more about our commitment to diversity on our candidate FAQs page here. As always, if there is anything missing, or you've identified a way we can improve, just let us know!
The Role – Product Manager
In 2020 Unmind grew from a small 30 person team to a fast-growing, 100 person global organisation with offices in London, Sydney and New York. We have ambitious plans to change the perception of mental health and we still need lots more people to help us achieve them
We are looking for an experienced, deeply empathetic Product Manager to join Unmind’s Product team. We have big growth plans, and our ability to deliver delightful, impactful and exceptional product experiences (for both users and clients) will be paramount to our continued success.
You’ll be working within our cross-functional Product and Tech team to ensure that the problems we are solving are always aligned with our business objectives and overarching product strategy. You'll regularly collaborate with a diverse group of internal stakeholders, from content creators to clinical psychologists, to ensure we deliver effective solutions to user problems.
We’re looking for someone extremely collaborative, unwaveringly candid, and passionate about all things product. If you’re a highly driven, personable problem-solver, then this is an opportunity to join a fast-growth, high-impact, mission-driven startup.
We’re scaling quickly, which means that the focus and responsibilities of any position can be quite dynamic – but here’s how we initially see your skills and passion coming to life at Unmind:
- Own: Extremely comfortable with every aspect of the product development lifecycle within cross-functional teams – from exploring problem spaces to initial ideation and scoping of initiatives, through to delivery and post-release validation – your actions will have a genuine impact on people’s lives.
- Prioritise: There are so many opportunities we could pursue to improve the product, and you've got a range of frameworks to lean on to ensure we are ruthlessly prioritising at all times. From bigger strategic opportunities to smaller, tactical initiatives and quick wins, you're able to say "no” when necessary and communicate to stakeholders the "why" underpinning our current priorities.
- Craft: From user stories to acceptance criteria and release notes, you’ll be scoping & shipping solutions that will help improve the lives of our users, clients, and partners more delightful.
- Measure: We believe in outcomes over outputs and making data-informed decisions. You'll be responsible for a set of product metrics that keep us grounded in reality and ensure we're making progress towards all our important goals.
- Reflect: We’re proud of our current product, but there’s SO much more to do; you’ll continually distil feedback and data from various touch-points, combining hard numbers with human nous to identify pinch-points, develop solutions, and prioritise actions.
- Champion: Generate authentic excitement around product developments at Unmind – evangelising our vision, mission, strategy and roadmap
- Extensive experience of working as a Product Manager, working closely within cross-functional teams (including software engineers) daily
- Experience of working within Product Teams that are outcome-driven, focusing on understanding and solving problems, delivering at pace with an emphasis on learning fast and iterating
- Deep knowledge of agile methodologies (i.e. Scrum, Kanban) and demonstrable experience of knowing when and how to apply them
- Be customer-centric, understand the value of user research and use these data points to drive product improvements
- Operates with a growth mindset. Always be looking for incremental improvements
- You take a collaborative approach to product management and are comfortable communicating with a variety of technical & non-technical stakeholders across the organisation
At Unmind we believe in having a whole person approach and we hope that our benefits enhance the lives of Unminders, helping them be happy, healthy and fulfilled. You can see the full details of our benefits on the careers page, but they include:
Everyday LifeTo support you throughout everyday life at Unmind
- Private Medical Insurance for you and your family
- Pension | 401(k) | Superannuation
- Global EAP
- Life Insurance
- Unmind Equity scheme
Life ExperiencesTaking time to celebrate and experience the important moments in life.
- 25 days annual leave plus your birthday day off
- Flexible working, including flexible use of Public Holidays
- Summer Fridays
- Celebration days
- £1,000 annual learning budget with 2 days learning leave
- Gender-neutral parental leave policy and Parental coaching
Healthy LifestyleEnsuring Unminders have access to tools that enrich both their bodies and their minds.
- Monthly ClassPass Subscription
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Regular company socials and wellbeing activities
- Friends and family access to the Unmind platform
- Office perks (free on-site gym, rooftop seating, community events)
- Dog-friendly workplace
Please note that this is not a remote role and does require you to be commutable to Borough High Street, London. It is also necessary for you to have the full Right to Work in the UK