Unmind are looking for a Talent Lead to join their team.
Unmind is a workplace mental health platform. We empower employees to live more fulfilling and balanced lives by changing the way organisations around the world think about mental health. We believe that everyone has the right to a healthy mind – because we all have mental health, all of the time – and we’re striving to create a world where mental health is universally understood, nurtured, and celebrated.
In the past 12 months, Unmind has grown from a 30 person team to a fast-growing, 120 person global organisation with offices in London, Sydney, and New York. With the recent announcement of our Series B funding, we're looking forward to our next stage of growth which will enable us to deliver on our mission to improve the mental wellbeing of ten million people in organisations around the world.
We have ambitious plans to change the perception of mental health and we still need help in achieving them– which is why we’re looking for an exceptional individual to join as a Talent Lead.
Uniting Behind Uniqueness
We are committed to building an inclusive workplace and encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work. However you identify, and whatever background you bring with you, we welcome you to apply for a role at Unmind.
If there are any adjustments that would help improve your experience with Unmind, please do let us know when you apply.
We also believe our interview process should be inclusive and transparent. Find out what to expect and more about our commitment to diversity on our candidate FAQs page here. As always, if there is anything missing, or you've identified a way we can improve, just let us know!
The Role – Talent Lead
In 2020 Unmind grew from a small 30 person team to a fast-growing, 100 person global organisation with offices in London, Sydney, and New York. We have ambitious plans to change the perception of mental health and we still need lots more people to help us achieve them.
That is why we are now looking for a Talent Lead to lead our small but growing Talent team based in London. Reporting to our Head of People & Talent, you will help us to attract, engage, and hire exceptional individuals (whilst retaining our core culture and values) that will be absolutely paramount to Unmind’s continued success.
As a Talent Lead at Unmind, you’ll be responsible for evolving our end-to-end hiring processes across the entire business, enabling us to deliver an exceptional hiring experience for both our candidates and the internal hiring community.
You will be a pivotal part of Unmind’s continued growth plans – partnering with our hiring community and helping us continually grow, learn, and evolve as a People and Talent team, and as an organisation, as we deliver on our mission to improve the mental wellbeing of ten million people in organisations around the world.
In this role, you’ll get to:
- Inspire - Lead a team of Talent Partners and continually empower them to grow their minds, develop and thrive at Unmind.
- Build - Embed a true talent partnering model across the business, supporting hiring managers to plan future talent needs, build recruitment strategies and enable Unmind to scale effectively.
- Design - Evolve, implement and own how we attract, interview, and hire people at Unmind, influenced by evidence-based hiring methodology and ensuring a values-based approach.
- Measure - Develop our recruitment reporting, insights and analytics to help us understand where we are doing well and how we can continue to improve, as well as defining our Talent KPIs.
- Attract - Engage and nurture diverse talent pipelines with innovative employer branding initiatives and by continually developing our inclusive hiring practices.
- Develop - Build our internal hiring capability, knowledge and confidence by running regular training programs for our hiring community.
Skills and Experience
We firmly believe that no one is the finished article and that there should be learning in every role you do. So some of the role will be learning as you go, and we hope that’s exactly what you are looking for. However, some experience in the following is important for the role.
We're looking for people who:
- Demonstrable experience leading and inspiring a team to deliver results.
- Have experience in process design, implementation, and iteration, with an emphasis on candidate and hiring manager experience. We pride ourselves on ensuring that everyone enjoys the interview process regardless of the outcome.
- Have operated as a subject matter expert for talent within a scaling business.
- Operate with a growth mindset, always looking to learn, evolve and develop.
- Data-informed and have a proven experience of using insights and analytics to continually inform decision-making, ensure a diverse pipeline of candidates, and improve hiring practices.
- Comfortable working in an environment of rapid growth, constant change, and lots of unknowns.
- Autonomous attitude, you thrive in seeking and leading change.
- Passion for technology, tech-for-good or generally improving people's lives (A technical background is preferred but not essential)
At Unmind we believe in having a whole person approach and we hope that our benefits enhance the lives of Unminders, helping them be happy, healthy and fulfilled. You can see the full details of our benefits on the careers page, but they include:
Everyday LifeTo support you throughout everyday life at Unmind
- Private Medical Insurance for you and your family
- Pension | 401(k) | Superannuation
- Global EAP
- Life Insurance
- Unmind Equity scheme
Life ExperiencesTaking time to celebrate and experience the important moments in life.
- 25 days annual leave plus your birthday day off
- Flexible working, including flexible use of Public Holidays
- Summer Fridays
- Celebration days
- £1,000 annual learning budget with 2 days learning leave
- Gender-neutral parental leave policy and Parental coaching
Healthy LifestyleEnsuring Unminders have access to tools that enrich both their bodies and their minds.
- Monthly ClassPass Subscription
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Regular company socials and wellbeing activities
- Friends and family access to the Unmind platform
- Office perks (free on-site gym, rooftop seating, community events)
- Dog-friendly workplace
Please note that this is not a remote role and does require you to be commutable to Borough High Street, London. It is also necessary for you to have the full Right to Work in the UK.