Who will you be working with?
In the last 5 years we have built an amazing team from the best in start-ups, design studios, agencies and financial services. Our people have co-founded and grown challengers like Monzo, Starling, and Tandem, led the technology platforms at Nutmeg, Betfair and beyond. You will be a key member of the team, helping to lead the design tribe, working with people who've been creating the digital banks you now own a card from.
Unfortunately we are unable to sponsor Visas at this time, but please do check back in with us in the future.
11:FS does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, colour, religion, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other reason prohibited by law in provision of employment opportunities and benefits.
Who are 11:FS?
We don’t just create more digital banks. We create new products and services that give people a better relationship with money, and develop our own B2B solutions that help our customers change the fabric of financial services.
We are designing and launching new fintech startups globally for our clients and ourselves and treat every opportunity like a new business, not a project. To do this we hire great people, give them the support of top designers and get out of their way to create great things. Find out more about us at www.11fs.com
What is 11:FS Pulse?
Pulse is a product insights platform which gives designers, researchers and product people working in financial services a glimpse into the experience that real users are having when using FS products from around the world.
Our content library includes 4,000+ user journey recordings from 500+ brands in 50 countries. The recordings are collected, processed and analysed by our content team with many new journeys being published each month.
The Pulse team has big ambitions for the year ahead as we look to expand the featureset of the platform and explore new content opportunities in order to inspire and empower our users to build better digital experiences.
Who are we looking for?
You have 5+ years experience working as an embedded designer in an agile product team and have:
- Implemented a strong end-to-end design process, used by multiple designers, covering each stage from discovery research to design hand-off
- Produced exceptional user interface designs that strive to help customers reach their goals in an intuitive and accessible way
- Been involved in developing product roadmaps and ensuring customer needs are well represented in long-term strategiesWorked closely with engineers, product managers, and other stakeholders, delivering high quality work, communicating your designs and giving and taking feedback constructively
- Nurtured young design talent and supported their personal development in order to reach their full potentialHoned your UX practices to the level where you are able to rapidly make sense of a customer experience and map it across user flows, sketches and prototypes
- Put things into the hands of customers quickly and often, using their feedback to iterate a product or idea
- Practised ideation methods to rapidly guide cross-disciplinary teams from insight to concept
- Developed an understanding and appreciation of design systems and where to use them to design efficiently across web and desktop applications
What will you be doing here?
- Designing products and features that seek to satisfy customer jobs-to-be-done and key business outcomes
- Testing journeys with real and representative customers and iterating designs based on feedback
- Conducting generative research in order to inform strategic design decisions and sharing the findings with key stakeholders across the business
- Developing product strategies in partnership with our product director and ensuring user outcomes are properly represented
- Writing user stories and acceptance criteria in preparation for the development of your design work
- Contributing to our internal community of designers by sharing and critiquing work and creating engaging design content
- Mentoring and managing a recently joined mid-weight product designer and responsibly delegate work that aligns with their specific skill set
What do we like?
- Flair - You aren’t afraid of a blank page and have the conceptual and visual ability to draw on the UI patterns you already know, but add something special that makes people say ‘damn, that’s slick’.
- Confident storytelling - You can tell a good story around any piece of work – it doesn't just look good, but you can explain why it's been created that way, to anyone who needs to hear it. And hopefully make them laugh along the way.
- Problem solving - Any designer worth their salt can make a pretty UI, but we’re after exceptional thinkers who can make sense of the complicated and translate that into layouts that people instantly find familiar and usable, guiding the team to the right solution.
- Drive - We're not talking about motivation here, that should be a given. All of our people at all levels are free to own their work and think creatively. You need to care about the quality of the work you do and the impact it will have on the lives of the people you’re creating it for.