Browns Fashion are looking for an Assistant Buyer to join our menswear non apparel department.
Disruptive, unexpected and revolutionary in our own way... Browns changed the course of retail and fashion history forever when it opened in 1970. Born in London but celebrated globally, we're the one-stop-shop for the best luxury fashion including established designers and emerging talent; renowned for our influence in fashion and style, and our innovative approach to retail and high-level service. Powered by Farfetch, we continue to disrupt the retail landscape to deliver a global luxury shopping experience of the future, championing creativity and originality.
Our people are at the heart of everything we do. Together we are here to make a difference and to spread kindness. We welcome differences, empower individuality and celebrate diverse skills and perspectives, creating an inclusive environment for everyone.
We are product people at heart. Tastemakers in the industry, passionate about incubating the most exciting talent the fashion industry has to offer and combining the finest names in luxury with emerging talent. We collaborate with brands and designers from all corners of the globe, carefully curating product to bring our clients an edit with a distinct point of view.
Our London Head Office is based in Old Street, London's tech hub, and is home to a broad range of teams including Ecommerce, Tech & Product, Brand Engagement, Buying, Merchandising and People more. Our open plan space is ideal for collaborative working and sharing ideals, or you can enjoy some quiet time in our dedicated library. We also have a large outdoor terrace which is the perfect spot to have a team lunch or host events.
You will report directly to the Junior Buyer, working within the Womens non-apparel team, which is part of the Buying Department. The Assistant Buyer will support the team to provide strategic execution of the seasonal buying strategy, driving performance and contributing to growth across the category.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- You will assist the Buyer in developing the seasonal strategy for the department, identifying essential opportunities and tactical plans to accomplish growth targets.
- You will line managing the Buying Administration Assistant (BAA), overseeing their performance, supporting their development and offering guidance.
- You will attend market with the Buyer, assisting in the selection process and ensuring a smooth appointment or facilitating appointments independently of the Buyer.
- You will research and look for new designers, proposing brand suggestions to the Buyers, helping Browns to assert itself as an incubator for emerging designers with a point of difference.
- You will maintain relationships and contact with suppliers, to guarantee a positive stock and trading position.
- You will work with the wider business, inclusive of Merchandising, Brand Engagement and Retail, to contribute to the business's commercial performance.
- You will analyse sales performance and monitor sell throughs, proposing and completing trading actions to improve sales performance and reduce risk to the business.
WHO YOU ARE
- You will be passionate about product and proactive in developing product and industry trends.
- You will demonstrate creativity in your curiosity to discover new brands and bring new ideas to your team to support innovation and growth within your category.
- You will have a commercial mindset, with the ability to both recognise opportunities and risks, to support trade decisions.
- You will have a structured approach to work, with the ability to confidentially plan and prioritise workload to support and protect the wider business.
- You will be Excel (can maintain complex spreadsheets) proficient and navigating through data, to interpret and analyse many different reports and protect data integrity.
- You embody all of our values including Be Human; show kindness and respect towards yourself and others, problem solving with empathy and see mistakes as learning opportunities.
REWARDS & BENEFITS
- Equity within the Farfetch group and annual bonus/or commission.
- 33 day holidays per year plus holiday trading.
- Flexible benefits - Private Insurance, Dental Insurance, Season Ticket Loan, Employee Saving's Isa's, ClassPass and more
- Discount of 50% off at Browns
- Life Insurance, Critical Illness Insurance & Pension Scheme.
- Flexible working environment and more!
EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES STATEMENT
- Browns Fashion is an equal opportunities employer ensuring that all applications are treated equally and fairly throughout our recruitment process. We are determined that no application experiences discrimination on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, disability, age, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, veteran status, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. We continue to build our consciously inclusive culture as part of our positively FARFETCH strategy throughout our business, partnerships, and communities.