As COO at FitXR, you will be responsible for translating executive ideas into meaningful workstreams, ensuring we are focused on the right things at the right time.
We believe in a future where exercise everywhere - whether that is the gym, the park or at home - is enhanced through engaging technology that extends your reality.
To achieve this vision we are first building the world’s first virtual gym. We started life in a garden shed in Woking. Today, we’re known as the team behind the award-winning VR App FitXR, one of the top-selling games on the Oculus and Steam stores. We have big plans for the future, and our growing team of developers, marketers and fitness gurus are working to create some truly iconic games to show that staying fit and having fun are not mutually exclusive.As COO, you will be responsible for translating executive ideas into meaningful workstreams, ensuring we are focused on the right things at the right time. You will oversee strategic projects company-wide, analysing feasibility and growth in line with our short and long-term plans. Reporting to our CEO, you will have the freedom to break and buiild things, challenge assumptions and help shape the future of the company.
What you'll experience
- You will experience a rapidly changing company that you will be a crucial part of. Your role will sometimes feel similar to that of an emergency room doctor - jumping on issues that arise as we scale the company.
- While this is the case it is imperative that you balance short-term firefighting with long-term objectives.
- Working with the CEO daily to prioritise the strategic direction of the business
- Defining the core business processes that allow for scalability
- Ownership of the business OKR planning and facilitation process
- Investigate and implement various strategic projects related to growth, business efficiency, and prioritisation. Examples being:
- Music licensing
- Smart accessories
- Global merchandise
- Accountable for the delivery of key milestones and interdepartmental dependencies
- Process and team structure efficiency improvements
- Accountable for outsourced vs. insourced modelling in line with business strategy
- Directly manage teams that support Insights, Projects, Growth and Legal.
- It is likely the successful candidate will have a strong commercial acumen developed across various industries, coupled with entrepreneurial experience and/or experience in media/entertainment.
- A natural ability to lead and inclination for solving complex problems, implementing solutions, and driving change — no matter how big the obstacles might seem.
- Excellent project management skills - you will be a master integrator, tying together all of the company functions
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to give clear guidance and candid feedback
- Excellent people management skills
Desired Skills and Experience
- Commercial legal experience
- Relevant experience significantly scaling an organisation (100-300 people)
- Relevant experience in hardware, software and live services
- The ability to:
- Standardise repeatable and predictable processes to improve quality
- Identify efficiency improvements and introduce appropriate systems, processes and controls
- Unflinchingly focus on results. Consider how short-term activities are in concert with long-term objectives.
- Champion continuous improvement in everything, but doesn’t allow perfect to get in the way of progress.
What you’ll be measured on
- Efficient management and completion of OKR business objectives
- Ensure we’re working on the right things at the right time
- Successful management and roll out of special projects per quarter (Complete multiple MVP scenarios with two successful company wide roll outs per year).
- Removing waste from our processes
- The efficiency metrics of growth across the business in conjunction with Head of Growth and Head of People
- Being a natural leader, influencer and ambassador for our Principles of Play and Leadership Principles
Our principles of play
- Commitment - We are joined in our mission and support and motivate each other to achieve great things.
- Independence - We’ll leave it up to you to use your own judgment and do your job the way you know best.
- Open Mindedness - We continually question the status quo
- Communication - Effective communication is crucial to our success
- Respect - We listen to and learn from each other, and recognise how our own beliefs and actions affect the wider team.
🧘♂️ Flexible hours 40-hour working week (core working hours typically 10-4.30)
💴 six-monthly pay reviews (end of year or mid year depending on start date)
💻 brand new equipment and VR headset
⛑ Private Health insurance
🧳 Unlimited leave policy, the average FiXR takes 35 days
🚴 Annual travel pass & Cycle to work scheme
📚 Learning budget - £800 per annum
🧘♂️ Wellness budget - £600 per annum
🏖 Bi-annual offsite and regular get-togethers
😀 A great team of talented individuals who love what we do