At Crowdcube, we are looking for a Portfolio Operations Manager to join our newly formed Portfolio Team in London.
We are looking for a Portfolio Operations Manager to join our newly formed Portfolio Team in London. We’re enabling great businesses to succeed through equity crowdfunding, and as a Portfolio Operations Manager at Crowdcube, you’ll have the opportunity to shape and grow our portfolio’s post-fundraising experience.
Who we are:
As a leading European retail investment marketplace, Crowdcube raises finance for Europe's hottest high-growth businesses by giving investors the opportunity to back businesses they believe in. Having amassed an investor community of over 1 million people, which has funded over 1,000 businesses, Crowdcube was named the most active investor in private equity in 2020.
Crowdcube was inspired by an unshakable belief in entrepreneurs that dream big, push at the edges and want to make a difference. Our mission is to democratise investment, helping to fuel the next generation of business who want to leave a mark on the world.
Since founding in 2011, we’ve successfully funded over 1,000 campaigns with brands from across the globe, such as Monzo, Brewdog, Grind, Cowboy, Mintos and what3words.
What you will be doing:
You will be part of the commercial function situated in Crowdcube’s London office. Reporting to our Senior Portfolio Operations Manager, you will be responsible for monitoring portfolio performance and maintaining knowledge of post-funding business’ market position and broad strategic objectives. It’s an opportunity for you to grasp concepts spanning all aspects of business, including Partnerships, Sales and Legal. Working closely alongside internal teams, you’ll be involved in managing the Crowdcube Nominee, as well as triaging entrepreneur requirements and managing effective company engagement strategies. You will be responsible for the KPI’s around engagement with our 800+ strong funded community, return raise volume, referrals and feedback.
It’s a varied role in which you will act as a conduit between our funded businesses and teams across Crowdcube, including Partnerships, Sales and Legal, ensuring we create a post-funding experience that aligns with our brand and provides entrepreneurs with relevant services and support. With the number of clients or accounts growing week on week we expect this function and team to grow over time.
Day to day you will:
- Support businesses beyond their initial raise with us
- Work closely with the Crowdcube legal team
- Help manage our Nominee service, acting as the intermediary between companies and their investors - managing shareholder consents, private nominee and pre-emption campaigns and investor communication
- Educate companies on how to engage with their investors
- Coordinate company exits and distribution of shareholder returns
- Act as a point of contact for our Funded Community across Seed, Early & Growth stages
- Gather and report on feedback from the fundraising experience
- Proactively manage return raise opportunities and referrals from the funded community network
- Report on the position and movements of businesses within our portfolio alongside our data team
- Act as Account manager to our growing network of European clients
Ideally, you will have:
- Experience of working in a startup or a demonstrably strong desire to do so.
- Previous account management, customer success, sales and/or business development experience
- Experience in Corporate Finance, a Fintech startup or a legal background.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to prioritise and understand where to focus to hit targets
And you will need to be/have:
- Start-up DNA: be resilient, gets things done, 80/20, are comfortable with uncertainty, adaptable to change, used to working in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment and know when to fight for the right thing and when to say no.
- Communicator: Articulate, Persuasive, Good listener, Empathetic
- Questioning: Curious, Open-minded, Comfortable expressing their opinions, Healthy disrespect for the status quo, Assertive
- Analytical: Logical, Data-driven, Well informed
- Practical: Detail orientated, Pragmatic, Organised, Good under pressure
- Energetic: Outgoing, Passionate, Joyful, Positive, Optimistic, Biased to action
- Negotiation and Sales ability: Persuasive, Empathetic, Focused, Target driven
- Creative: Insightful, Innovative, Problem Solver
What we are offering:
We like to nurture talent and ensure members of our team develop and hone their skills through training, attending conferences and subscriptions to online courses. We’re passionate and hard-working, and we take care of our team:
- £35-40K DOE + 20% commission
- Participation in the employee share option plan (subject to the prevailing company policy at the time)
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays + holiday for tenure
- Pension Scheme at 4% matched (UK Residents Only)
- Private Medical Scheme with AXA including dental and optical cash plans
- Access to Healing Clouds, a mental health platform
- Life Assurance Scheme (4 x salary)
- Access to Sunlight - a learning & development platform with a £1000 training and wellness budget per year
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Weekly demos to show what we're working on, monthly team meetings
- Company perks such as fruit, snacks, fitness classes and weekly office beers
- Company outings and activities (previous fun included a trip to a gin distillery, karaoke, charity football match, Square Mile Relay, bowling and a day at River Cottage)
Our interview process typically consists of an initial phone screen, an interview with the hiring manager and a task, followed by a final interview with other members of the team. There aren't any trick questions and the task will typically be based on a real scenario the team have worked on.
Our policy is to employ the best-qualified people and provide equal opportunity for employee advancement including promotion and training and not to discriminate against any person because of gender, race, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, religion, belief or disability.
We are a flexible workplace. Cuber Choice enables Cubers and future Cubers to do their best work, in whatever way is best for them and the business. We commit to treating all employees equally, whether they are home or office-based. We do not reward presenteeism but focus on impact. Employees may choose a different work schedule to meet personal or family needs. This includes early finishes, late starts, selecting your own working hours, and you may also choose to split your time between home and office.