Unfortunately we are unable to sponsor Visas at this time, but please do check back in with us in the future.
11:FS does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, colour, religion, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other reason prohibited by law in provision of employment opportunities and benefits.
We’re big believers in autonomous teams and iterative development. We’re crazy about continuous improvement and knowledge sharing, and we want people who share our enthusiasm.
We strive to always build the right thing and build the thing right, so we place great emphasis on code quality and testability, test driving, continuously integrating and pairing as we go. We think functional programming and event sourcing are a great fit for Foundry, and use them as best we can, but we’re not dogmatic about it.
We make designing the product everyone’s business - what we are going to do and how we do it are team decisions. And we focus on meeting exactly what the customer needs now, always aiming to build the minimum lovable product.
We strongly believe that you grow a system, rather than build it, so our architecture and infrastructure is designed to allow us to roll small bits of code to production really fast. And really often.
We build our platform with tech like:
- Scala & the Typelevel ecosystem - cats, http4s, Cats-effect & tagless final
- Event-sourced microservices
- Cloud deployments - GCP, Docker, Kubernetes, Concourse
- High-performance data & messaging - Postgres & Kafka
- Observability - Grafana, Jaeger & Prometheus
We are looking for skilled Scala engineers to help build Foundry. You’ll be a key player in our team, building out new products and features of the platform.
Building high performance, scalable, available, fault tolerant systems is a team game and so we want to know that you play well with others. Lone geniuses are brilliant - just not for us.
As a Senior Backend Engineer your role will include:
- Developing high quality, tested services
- Knowledge sharing with other team members
- Collaborating in the design of new features
- Making strategic architectural improvements to the Platform
- Cross-functional working with platform and frontend engineers
- Proactively monitoring and support production deployments
- Experience with some or all of the technologies in our platform or equivalents
- Strong Scala experience
- Background and/or enthusiasm for the ways we work:
- Test Driven Development
- Functional Programming
- Build automation, continuous integration and continuous deployment to production systems
- Agile/iterative development processes
- Shared code ownership & cross-functional teams
- Collaborative design and development
- Pair programming
- It would be a bonus if you have experience with:
- Full-stack development inc. React
- Other FP languages such as Kotlin
- Financial Services
- Profit Share Scheme
- Flexible working
- Private medical
- Pension - match up to 4%
- Income protection
- Life assurance
- Enhanced maternity, paternity & adoption leave
- Free eye test and contribution to eye wear for VDU
- Corporate gym membership
- Season ticket loan
- Birthdays off (or your childs or anyone else you love’s birthday)