We are looking for a creative, data-driven marketer to join our outstanding marketing team at Goodlord. y
We are looking for a creative, data-driven marketer to join our outstanding marketing team, you will be the 7th person in our team and your focus will be on the success and growth of our existing customers. You will be our customers’ biggest fan internally and run campaigns to boost their adoption and use of -- as well as their success with -- our products. You will also keep them up-to-date on the latest news and features.
This role will specifically focus on our insurance products, which is our fastest-growing suite of products.
The day to day stuff:
No two days are ever the same at Goodlord so what you’ll be up to will vary. The pace we move at also means priorities will change and you’ll need to be comfortable with this (we’ll support you!). But these are the things that will be core to your role and will keep you busy.
- Create content (e.g. sales documentation, product videos, website copy, blog posts, and other forums) to articulate the benefits of our products to our customers and our customer's customers. There will be a big focus on creating educational content.
- Analyse and interpret what behaviours and patterns make customers successful and more likely to be retained by the company.
- Maximise these successful approaches and run tests to improve them.
- Find new opportunities to applaud, support, and ultimately retain our customers.
- Craft strategies to better nurture our customers toward actions the company wishes them to take -- and ensuring these actions (product adoption, event signups, training, etc.) are actually in our customers’ best interests.
- Plan and execute the marketing strategy for insurance product adoption and the overall success of our existing customers.
- Keep the company up to date with market trends and competition, and keep us several steps ahead of the competition at all times.
You should apply if you:
- have strong commercial experience in a marketing role - B2B or B2B2C
- are a strong writer and content creator (including blog posts, ebooks, and other customer-facing resources).
- have a nose for good product marketing and product UI, and the ability to educate in ways that our customers will understand.
- enjoy being creative and are a constant source of new ideas on how to improve the customer experience
- are a fast learner and naturally curious
It would be super great if you
- have team and budget management experience
- know what it’s like to work in a young company and love the vibe (and sometimes chaos!)
*Please note that we are adhering to all government guidelines during the Covid Crisis but this role will require you to spend appx 40% of your time onsite in our London HQ when it is safe to do so*
We started Goodlord because we wanted to make renting simple and transparent for everyone involved: the agent, landlord and tenant. We knew generation rent would lead to more tenants, with higher digital expectations and we were confident we could provide a solution.
And we did. Like all high growth companies it’s been a bit of a roller coaster journey, but we’re now stronger than ever, with over 1000 happy customers and exciting new products. We have ambitious plans but with William Reeve at the helm alongside co-founder Tom Mundy and a brilliant team of over 200 talented Goodlordians we are confident we’ll achieve these.
Our values guide our decisions, the way we work, our culture and the people we ask to join the team. We work hard, have fun and support each other. We’re not afraid to make mistakes (we’d never learn if we didn’t) and we’re always looking to challenge ourselves. Our style is collaboration based on honesty, friendship and respect.
And this year we’re proud to have been recognised as a Great Place to work. No one likes a show off, but we can’t not shout about this. We’ve worked hard to make Goodlord great, and it’s important you know this isn’t just words on paper; Goodlordians have validated this which has led to us being accredited:
- 9th in Deloitte’s UK Technology Fast 50
- 20th Great Place to Work in the UK medium-sized businesses
- 11th in the UK for great medium-sized workplaces for tech
- 12th in the UK for great medium-sized workplaces for women
- Excellence in wellbeing for our dedication to Goodlordian’s wellbeing
Why you'll love being a Goodlordian
Aside from the role, the people, our culture and our mission, we have some other things that make Goodlord a pretty awesome place to be. Here’s a few favourites amongst Goodlordians (check out our careers page for more info).
- Grow with Goodlord: your development is important to us. Have a goal in mind? Share it with us and you can use your £1000 annual development fund to support it. We guarantee you’ll learn loads and develop both personally and professionally at Goodlord too!
- Your well-being matters: bi-weekly coaching with Sanctus to provide Goodlordians with a safe place to talk and support your mental health
- Unlimited holiday and flexible time off: we encourage Goodlordians to make use of their unlimited time off to enjoy the world, recharge and reboot. We also offer time off for volunteering and training, so you can give back to the community and pursue your passions
- Supporting your family: we offer Goodlordians of all genders a generous 3 months of fully-paid time off to look after their new arrivals
- Our team: we’re an energetic, sociable and talented bunch who are super passionate about what we do and determined to make a difference. We’re all in it together, we learn from each other, we’re genuine and we don’t have time for politics
Goodlord wants applicants from all backgrounds and walks of life, we are an equal opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive environment.
In fact one of our one of our core values is Bring our whole selves to work which is really important to us, if there is anything you need to participate fully in the interview process we'd like to hear about that too, please just include it in your application. Come join us!
Unfortunately, Sponsorship is not available for this role.
Strictly NO Agencies
We reserve the right to close this role if we receive a high volume of suitable applications.
** Please note, as we are regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, all Goodlordians are required to pass a thorough referencing check via Experian before joining the team. We will only ask for references at the point of making an offer **