We are looking for a Senior Partnerships Manager to join the commercial team at Crowdcube. Partnerships is a function that is continuing to grow and is an exciting engine room for the company.
We are looking for a Senior Partnerships Manager to join the commercial team. Partnerships is a function that is continuing to grow and is an exciting engine room for the company.
Our partner network is national and broad. We work with corporate finance firms, accelerators, incubators, investors, marketing agencies and more. You will be responsible for scaling this network to maintain and increase this revenue line as Crowdcube continues to grow.
Who we are:
As a leading European retail investment marketplace, Crowdcube raises finance for Europe's hottest high-growth businesses by giving investors the opportunity to back businesses they believe in. Having amassed an investor community of over 1 million people, which has funded over 1,000 businesses, Crowdcube was named the most active investor in private equity in 2020.
Crowdcube was inspired by an unshakable belief in entrepreneurs that dream big, push at the edges and want to make a difference. Our mission is to democratise investment, helping to fuel the next generation of business who want to leave a mark on the world.
Since founding in 2011, we’ve successfully funded over 1,000 campaigns with brands from across the globe, such as Monzo, Brewdog, Grind, Cowboy, Mintos and what3words.
What you will be doing:
Reporting to our VP of Sales you will be responsible for growing and maintaining a strong and diversified referral network across the UK. You will be responsible for the KPI’s around onboarding new partners and generating qualified leads from the partner network. You will work closely with the sales operations and marketing teams to deliver communications that are high touch to different partner networks at scale.
This role has the potential to develop into a Head of Partnerships position and building out a team once the metrics warrant it. It will also involve creating a best practice playbook in line with our international expansion strategy.
Day to day you will:
- Develop and maintain a strong and diversified introducer network
- Onboard new partners and convert entrepreneur lead generation working closely with the sales operations team
- Create a best practice strategy and framework for onboarding new partners and developing the relationship
- Work with sales operations and marketing on the creation and delivery of targeted campaigns to onboard key partner segments
- Work with marketing to produce partner relevant communication to drive education and engagement to ultimately generate more referrals
- Report weekly KPI’s to VP of Sales and deliver insights, thoughts and actions to maintain growth of the channel
- Create and host partner events to drive leads as appropriate
Ideally you will have:
- Experience of working in a startup or a strong desire to do so.
- Previous sales, business development, marketing, and/or commercial partnership experience
- Ideally experience in Corporate Finance or a Fintech start up
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to prioritise and understand where to focus to hit growth targets
And you have the following:
- Start-up DNA: resilient, gets things done, are comfortable with uncertainty, adaptable to change, used to working in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- Communicator: Articulate, Persuasive, Good listener, Empathetic
- Questioning: Curious, Open-minded, Comfortable expressing your opinions, Healthy disrespect for the status quo, Assertive
- Analytical: Logical, Data-driven, Well informed
- Practical: Detail orientated, Pragmatic, Organised, Good under pressure
- Energetic: Outgoing, Passionate, Positive, Optimistic, Biased to action
- Negotiation and Sales ability: Persuasive, Focused, Target driven
- Creative: Insightful, Innovative, Problem Solver
What we are offering:
We like to nurture talent and ensure members of our team develop and hone their skills through training, attending conferences and subscriptions to online courses. We’re passionate and hard-working, and we take care of our team:
- £45 - £55k DOE + Bonus
- Participation in the employee share option plan (subject to the prevailing company policy at the time)
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays + holiday for tenure
- Pension Scheme at 4% matched (UK Residents Only)
- Private Medical Scheme with AXA including dental and optical cash plans
- Access to Healing Clouds, a mental health platform
- Life Assurance Scheme (4 x salary)
- Access to Sunlight - a learning & development platform with a £1000 training and wellness budget per year
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Weekly demos to show what we're working on, monthly team meetings
- Company perks such as fruit, snacks, fitness classes and weekly office beers
- Company outings and activities (previous fun included a trip to a gin distillery, karaoke, charity football match, Square Mile Relay, bowling and a day at River Cottage)
Our interview process typically consists of an initial phone screen, an interview with the hiring manager and a task, followed by a final interview with other members of the team. There aren't any trick questions and the task will typically be based on a real scenario the team have worked on.
Our policy is to employ the best-qualified people and provide equal opportunity for the advancement of employees including promotion and training and not to discriminate against any person because of gender, race, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, religion, belief or disability.
We are a flexible workplace. Cuber Choice enables Cubers and future Cubers to do their best work, in whatever way is best for them and the business. We commit to treating all employees equally, whether they are home or office-based. We do not reward presenteeism but focus on impact. Employees may choose a different work schedule to meet personal or family needs. This includes early finishes, late starts, selecting your own working hours, and you may also choose to split your time between home and office.