As our VP of People & Culture at Crowdcube you will join our wider management team, acting as a strategic and tactical People business partner, providing counsel, developing roadmaps and executing all people-related initiatives. This role is open to part-time.
As our VP of People & Culture you will join our wider management team, acting as a strategic and tactical People business partner, providing counsel, developing roadmaps and executing all people-related initiatives. You will drive all cultural initiatives, performance management, talent acquisition, engagement and retention, learning and career development, and team planning.
Who we are:
As a leading European retail investment marketplace, Crowdcube raises finance for Europe's hottest high-growth businesses by giving investors the opportunity to back businesses they believe in. Having amassed an investor community of over 1 million people, which has funded over 1,000 businesses, Crowdcube was named the most active investor in private equity in 2020.
Crowdcube was inspired by an unshakable belief in entrepreneurs that dream big, push at the edges and want to make a difference. Our mission is to democratise investment, helping to fuel the next generation of business who want to leave a mark on the world.
Since founding in 2011, we’ve successfully funded over 1,000 campaigns with brands from across the globe, such as Monzo, Brewdog, Grind, Cowboy, Mintos and what3words.
What you will be doing:
Vision and Strategy: Work with the leadership team to build upon and execute on the long-term vision for all People and Culture, improving our effectiveness and helping us achieve our overall business goals.
Values and Culture: Help maintain our core values and ensure that all decisions, programs, and processes are aligned with our culture and core beliefs. Focus on developing a diverse, emotionally intelligent and inclusive culture through the development of initiatives that increase diversity of thought, backgrounds and perspectives. Work with employees at all levels to develop inclusive thinking and to address inclusion needs
Talent Acquisition: Partner with hiring managers to recruit top talent for the company that aligns with team plans and objectives. Design Employment branding initiatives that increase brand awareness and executive recruitment
Learning and Development: Build scalable learning and organizational development programs that aid in growing our team’s capabilities and drive employee retention
Career Progression and Performance Management: Build and develop a career progression framework that fits with our organisational structure. Execute a company-wide performance management program that helps us identify high and low performers and drives continuous, transparent feedback across all disciplines.
People Team: Hire and develop a People/HR team & strategy that supports the business and executes on all the above.
Ideally you will:
- Have 10+ years of progressive and hands-on Human Resources and People experience, with a minimum of 5+ years leading People/HR/Talent teams in growth companies
- Be able to think strategically but also deliver on tactical and operational issues; This is very hands-on role that requires building and developing capabilities in a high growth setting
- Be an experienced operator across the full spectrum of seniority and disciplines
- Have a track record of being a partner to managers across a variety of functional areas as well as maintain effective relationships with all departments and staff
- Have proven success in delivering high-impact people programs around performance management, team engagement and team retention
- Have the proven ability to influence and drive change with management teams and across startup organizations, aligning people strategy with values and goals
What we are offering:
We like to nurture talent and ensure members of our team develop and hone their skills through training, attending conferences and subscriptions to online courses. We’re passionate and hard-working, and we take care of our team:
- £Competitive DOE
- Part-time or full time
- Flexible working hours and approach
- Participation in the employee share option plan (subject to the prevailing company policy at the time)
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays + holiday for tenure
- Pension Scheme at 4% matched (UK Residents Only)
- Private Medical Scheme with AXA including dental and optical cash plans
- Access to Healing Clouds, a mental health platform
- Life Assurance Scheme (4 x salary)
- Access to Sunlight - a learning & development platform with a £1000 training and wellness budget per year
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Weekly demos to show what we're working on, monthly team meetings
- Company perks such as fruit, snacks, fitness classes and weekly office beers
- Company outings and activities (previous fun included a trip to a gin distillery, karaoke, charity football match, Square Mile Relay, bowling and a day at River Cottage)
Our interview process typically consists of an initial phone screen, an interview with the hiring manager and a task, followed by a final interview with other members of the team. There aren't any trick questions and the task will typically be based on a real scenario the team has worked on.
Our policy is to employ the best-qualified people and provide equal opportunity for the advancement of employees including promotion and training and not to discriminate against any person because of gender, race, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, religion, belief or disability.
We are a flexible workplace. Cuber Choice enables Cubers and future Cubers to do their best work, in whatever way is best for them and the business. We commit to treating all employees equally, whether they are home or office-based. We do not reward presenteeism but focus on impact. Employees may choose a different work schedule to meet personal or family needs. This includes early finishes, late starts, selecting your own working hours, and you may also choose to split your time between home and office.