EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES STATEMENT
FARFETCH is an equal opportunities employer ensuring that all applicants are treated equally and fairly throughout our recruitment process. We are determined that no applicant experiences discrimination on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, disability, age, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, veteran status, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. We continue to build our consciously inclusive culture as part of our Positively FARFETCH strategy throughout our business, partnerships and communities.
FARFETCH exists for the love of fashion. Our mission is to be the global platform for luxury fashion, connecting creators, curators and consumers.
We're a positive platform for good, bringing together an incredible creative community made up by our people, our partners and our customers. This community is at the heart of our business success. We welcome differences, empower individuality and celebrate diverse skills and perspectives, creating an inclusive environment for everyone. We are FARFETCH for All.
We're on a mission to build the technology that powers the global platform for luxury fashion. We operate a modular end-to-end technology platform purpose-built to connect the luxury fashion ecosystem worldwide, addressing complex challenges and enjoying it. We're empowered to break traditions and revolutionise, with the freedom and autonomy to make a difference for our customers all over the world.
Our London office is located in Old Street, London's tech hub, and is home to a broad range of teams including Commercial, Marketing, and Product. Our open plan space is ideal for collaborative working and sharing ideas, or you can enjoy some quiet time in our dedicated library. We also have a large outdoor terrace which is the perfect spot to have a team lunch or host events.
We are looking for Software Architect to join our growing Technology Team, helping design and build the number one high-fashion platform.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Coordinate and drive the evaluation, conceptualization, design and integration of major new capabilities into the product line, ensuring that product design and technology choices.
- Help plan technology strategies, considering both technical and our needs.
- Work with engineering and product to promote organisation and culture.
- Design simple solutions to complex business problems ensuring availability and performance.
- Provide global technical guidance for architectural design, from individual applications/services to distributed systems design.
- Search and research new technologies
WHO YOU ARE
- Experienced in designing and developing large scale distributed applications.
- Knowledgeable of SOA and service communication using RESTful APIs.
- Good at leading and following out of the way.
- Experience programming across object-orientated programming languages
- Cassandra/Mongo/Redis/SQL Server/Cosmos DB/Neo4J
- Spark/Flink/Kafka Streams
REWARDS & BENEFITS
- FARFETCH Equity plan and annual discretionary bonus
- Flexible benefits - Private Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Gym Memberships, Pension scheme and more
- Critical Illness Insurance and Life Assurance
- Access to Unmind: an independent and completely confidential digital mental health platform
- Flexible working environment and more!