As VP Supply, you will be a member of the Senior Leadership Team here at Impala. You will be responsible for developing and executing on our global Supply strategy and scaling a high growth supply acquisition function.
Thanks for checking out our job description for a VP Supply at Impala. We felt a little bit impersonal just diving straight in with words like “revolutionising” and “disrupting”.
As such, we apologise in advance for any clichés, tropes or sudden-insecurity-driven-panic-attacks that you might find in the description below.
All that aside though, we’re pretty proud to be listed number 2 in London’s best startups to work at in 2021; number 3 in Flexa’s most Flexible Companies to work for; listed as one of the 50 fastest-growing companies in London to accelerate your career in 2021; and featured in Sifted's Top European Startups in 2021.
A brief overview of what you will be doing here:
As VP Supply, you will be a member of the Senior Leadership Team here at Impala. You will be responsible for developing and executing on our global Supply strategy and scaling a high growth supply acquisition function. You will lead the commercial teams responsible for hotel sales, partnerships and customer success, owning all aspects of the supply funnel. You will partner closely with teams across the business, ensuring we develop a cohesive strategy in all areas related to supply including product, marketing and operations.
You should join us if:
- You are an experienced commercial leader who has scaled a sales function across regions
- You are passionate about people and can recruit, motivate and develop great talent in your team
- You want to be part of the future of the hospitality industry
- You have experience selling to hotels and possess deep domain expertise
- You have a strategic mindset and can develop and execute on a long-term strategy for your function
- You have experience in opening new markets and can build the playbooks required
- You understand and can develop processes and programmes to manage all aspects of the supply funnel, from acquisition to retention
- You deeply understand what is required in order to build a pipeline across multiple channels and have significant experience optimising different stages
- You have experience collaborating on cross-functional initiatives and aligning outcomes across Product, Operations & Commercial teams
- You are entrepreneurial with an innate ability to take ownership of an area with little direction required
- You are excited by ambitious goals and owning a global target
- You are hands on, ready to roll up your sleeves and dig in, lead and deliver projects and initiatives on time, and with everyone on board
- You share our organisational vision of democratising travel and enabling innovation across an entire industry.
- You thrive on excellence, autonomy and questioning conventional wisdom.
You shouldn’t join us if (we want to be as honest and transparent as we can):
- You value stability in a product and company, over change and fast-growth.
- You shy away from candour and fast-paced environments.
- You think lofty goals are better left to renovation builders.
What is Impala?
At Impala we’re solving an exciting, complex problem that has held back the hotel industry, if not the entire travel industry, for 20 years.
Forget following emerging technology trends — we’re looking to SET them!
Impala is currently making the process of booking hotel rooms ridiculously easy for any innovator anywhere - to create a better world of travel for all. In short, we’re providing hotels with powerful data distribution infrastructure to unlock opportunity.
More practically, we’re making the world a better place for guests, hotels, and online travel agents of any size! Think Twilio or Plaid for Travel.
And that is very much just the beginning.
Why you should join us:
- We’re revolutionising an out-of-date 1.6 trillion dollar market. This means we’re reimagining what travel can and should look like - and you can be a part of that.
- We’re supported by some of the most respected investors in the business, the early-stage backers behind Deliveroo, SecretEscapes, Trivago, Transferwise, and Airbnb.
- We’re an innovation-bent and product-obsessed team (who don’t take ourselves too seriously)
- Our Async work environment offers more flexibility, less pressure, and a better work-life balance.
- We’ve been remote-first since 2017 and know how to do it. We care about thinking deeply about the workplace.
- We’ve always optimised for quality over quantity when expanding our team. We have Star teams full of Star players across the board at Impala - all of whom work to mutually elevate and support each other
- We offer lofty progression opportunities for all Impalans
- We’re clear on our mission to enable innovators to build the world's most incredible travel experiences.
Where will you work?
We are a remote-first and asynchronous company. This was a very deliberate, natural choice, as we prioritise preserving work-life balance, whilst also fostering diversity.
We employ anyone within +/- 2h from GMT timezone wise, for now (and are expanding globally in the future!).
We also have a London based, non-compulsory, office provision that anyone in London is free to colocate from if/when in town.
You can check out everything we offer to set up your perfect remote work environment here.
And if Relocation excites you - we offer (and encourage!) that opportunity too.
We also have a dedicated Remote Experience Manager in the team, whose role is, amongst other things, to ensure your happiness, and help you integrate and feel empowered whilst working remotely.
What about the Covid-shaped elephant in the room?
Covid-19 has forced almost every industry in the world to adjust in 2020, and none more so than the travel industry. It is however, an exciting time to be in Travel Tech, with endless opportunities opened up for innovation, that will help jump start the travel industry. Hotels and innovators are no longer satisfied with the status quo.
Backed by some of Europe’s leading investors, we’re on the cusp of launching a product that will connect people and travel once again.
Apply if you want to bring your innovation bent and product-obsession to help change the game in travel.