Goodlord are looking for a talented and versatile People Partner to help them in their mission of providing the best renting experience in the world and being the number one choice for talent.
In the last year we’ve more than doubled the number of Goodlordians on the team. We’ve left the days of scrappy start-up behind us and are now at an exciting stage where we’re learning how to be a bit more grown up without losing what makes us unique; the Goodlord Way. The scale of growth we’ve seen over the past year has inevitably led to a few growing pains, but this is all part of the journey, and where you come in.
Reporting to the Head of People, you’ll be the 8th member of our People Team and will partner the Goodlord Senior Management Team to help us adapt and evolve to being a successful 250 people company. You’ll have the gravitas to quickly become a trusted partner, to coach and guide our senior team and to make sure our people strategies set the pace; building the foundations for Goodlord 2022 & beyond not just Goodlord today.
The day to day stuff:
No two days are ever the same at Goodlord so what you’ll be up to will vary. The pace we move at also means priorities will change and you’ll need to be comfortable with this (we’ll support you!). But these are the things that will be core to your role and will keep you busy.
- Responsible for driving and delivering the people strategy for Goodlord, working closely with the Head of People and senior management team (SMT)
- Partnering with the SMT to continuously evolve and optimise team design and structure ensuring the business has all the capabilities it needs to keep delivering its growth plans
- Coach & develop the SMT so they have the skills they need to successfully transition from managing individuals to managing managers
- Be the go to person for the Goodlord SMT on all things people related and provide daily advice and HR / People guidance
- Work with the SMT to establish what ‘good’ looks like in their team, allowing us to continue setting the pace by driving a high performing culture
- Provide frameworks and plans to develop talent to build robust succession plans and help all Goodlordians with their personal growth
- Empower SMT with the data and insights they need to make good people decisions and to keep engagement & morale high within their teams
- Champion HQ people processes & policies and suggest areas that need to evolving, so we continue to be an attractive employer for diverse talent
- Work with the People Ops Team & SMT to analyse key trends and metrics, including but not limited to resource management, absenteeism, performance, attrition, succession planning
- Identify training needs for the team and individuals, both for today and in the future
- Working closely with the Talent Acquisition Manager and Head of People, establish the EVP and talent strategy, making sure we are within budget and can attract top talent from across the UK
- Supporting SMT to develop employee communications and engagement strategies for their team
You should apply if:
- You have proven experience as a People / HR business partner, including to senior leaders, and the ability of building commitment to plans and ideas from all employees
- You have a sixth sense when it comes to people; you can identify what is happening at an individual and org level, understand why this is happening & how to address it
- You know what really matters; you can cut through the noise and identify the root cause
- You have excellent people judgement and apply sound, objective, considered thinking on all people matters
- You know the processes and policies that 250+ employee companies need to be attractive and competitive, and have helped scale companies by introducing these
- You’re passionate about creating a great place to work through hiring, managing, developing and retaining great people
- You have excellent people management skills, setting clear boundaries / expectations
- You know how People teams work, and can effectively apply best practice in a way that suits different teams
- You have successfully supported transformational change projects, working closely with senior management and taking people with you on the journey
- You are analytical and goal orientated
- You get on with everyone and anyone and adapt your style to communicate most effectively with them
- You have a positive attitude, and work well under pressure
- What we’re doing here at Goodlord excites you!
And it would be super great if:
- You are a people generalist but have a bias / passion for organisational development & learning development
- You have a degree in Human Resources / Business Management (or equivalent qualification) or are part CIPD (level 5) qualified
We started Goodlord because we wanted to make renting simple and transparent for everyone involved: the agent, landlord and tenant. We knew generation rent would lead to more tenants, with higher digital expectations and we were confident we could provide a solution.
And we did. Like all high growth companies it’s been a bit of a roller coaster journey, but we’re now stronger than ever, with over 1000 happy customers and exciting new products. We have ambitious plans but with William Reeve at the helm alongside co-founder Tom Mundy and a brilliant team of over 200 talented Goodlordians we are confident we’ll achieve these.
Our values guide our decisions, the way we work, our culture and the people we ask to join the team. We work hard, have fun and support each other. We’re not afraid to make mistakes (we’d never learn if we didn’t) and we’re always looking to challenge ourselves. Our style is collaboration based on honesty, friendship and respect.
And in the last year we’re proud to have been recognised as a Great Place to work. No one likes a show off, but we can’t not shout about this. We’ve worked hard to make Goodlord great, and it’s important you know this isn’t just words on paper; Goodlordians have validated this which has led to us being accredited:
- 9th in Deloitte’s UK Technology Fast 50
- 20th Great Place to Work in the UK medium-sized businesses
- 11th in the UK for great medium-sized workplaces for tech
- 12th in the UK for great medium-sized workplaces for women
- Excellence in wellbeing for our dedication to goodlordian’s wellbeing
It’s an exciting time here at Goodlord. If you’re inspired by what we’re doing, are up for a challenge and share our values, we’d love to hear from you.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE BEING A GOODLORDIAN:
Aside from the role, the people, our culture and our mission, we have some other things that make Goodlord a pretty awesome place to be. Here’s a few favourites amongst Goodlordians (check out our careers page for more info).
- Share our success: we know our success is a credit to our talented and hard-working team members so every Goodlordian has share options
- Grow with Goodlord: your development is important to us. Have a goal in mind? Share it with us and you can use your £1000 annual development fund to support it. We guarantee you’ll learn loads and develop both personally and professionally at Goodlord too!
- Your well-being matters: bi-weekly coaching with Sanctus to provide Goodlordians with a safe place to talk and support your mental health
- Unlimited holiday and flexible time off: we encourage Goodlordians to make use of their unlimited time off to enjoy the world, recharge and reboot. We also offer time off for volunteering and training, so you can give back to the community and pursue your passions
- Supporting your family: we offer Goodlordians of all genders a generous 3 months of fully-paid time off to look after their new arrivals
- Our team: we’re an energetic, sociable and talented bunch who are super passionate about what we do and determined to make a difference. We’re all in it together, we learn from each other, we’re genuine and we don’t have time for politics
Goodlord wants applicants from all backgrounds and walks of life, we are an equal opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive environment. In fact one of our one of our core values is Bring our whole selves to work which is really important to us, if there is anything you need to participate fully in the interview process we'd like to hear about that too, please just include it in your application. Come join us!
** Please note all offers will be subject to satisfactory reference checks and if you’ll be working with financial info we’ll also need to complete a customer and DBS check. We will only ask for references at the point of making an offer