FitXR are looking for a Senior 3D Artist to be responsible for creating rich interactive 3D environments to support gameplay and core functionality and bring briefs to life. You will help establish workflows, incremental features and improve user experience to help FitXR continue building world-class VR games.
We believe in a future where exercise everywhere - whether that is the gym, the park or at home - is enhanced through engaging technology that extends your reality.
To achieve this vision we are first building the world’s first virtual gym. We started life in a garden shed in Woking. Today, we’re known as the team behind the award-winning VR App FitXR, one of the top-selling games on the Oculus and Steam stores.
We have big plans for the future, and our growing team of developers, marketers and fitness gurus are working to create some truly iconic games to show that staying fit and having fun are not mutually exclusive.
- Create and maintain high quality 3D assets.
- Help establish and improve our 3D creation pipeline.
- Interact with other disciplines to push our tools and pipelines.
- Combining mobile with next generation techniques to extend the boundaries of what’s possible in VR.
- Provide creative solutions and input on projects.
- Perform within production schedules whilst maintaining high-quality work.
- Contribute towards building new workflows and techniques.
- Help artists to ensure assets are created correctly for implementation.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in a similar role with multiple games shipped.
- A portfolio showcasing your environment art and asset making abilities.
- Solid understanding of 3D production in Unity or UE4.
- Skilled with 3D and 2D tools such as 3DsMax, Substance Painter, Substance Designer, Zbrush, Marmoset and Photoshop.
- A deep understanding of environment art.
- Experience creating documentation, briefs, style guides and concepts to support and hold the vision.
- Strong problem-solving skills and troubleshooting.
- A solid understanding of composition and colour.
- Good communication and attitude towards feedback and collaboration.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Exceptional ability to optimise projects without compromising visual quality.
- Ability to work autonomously in a timely manner.
- Ability in secondary areas such as 2D, concept art or level design.
- Knowledge of shader creation tools.
- Understanding of current art and design trends.
- Previous AR/VR experience is a plus.
Our principles of play
- Commitment - We are joined in our mission and support and motivate each other to achieve great things.
- Independence - We’ll leave it up to you to use your own judgment and do your job the way you know best.
- Open-Mindedness - We continually question the status quo
- Communication - Effective communication is crucial to our success
- Respect - We listen to and learn from each other, and recognise how our own beliefs and actions affect the wider team.
🧘♂️ Flexible hours 40-hour working week (core working hours typically 10-4.30)
💴 six-monthly pay reviews (salary from £45,000 to £55,000)
💻 brand new equipment and VR headset
⛑ Private Health insurance
🧳 Unlimited leave policy, the average FiXR takes 35 days
🚴 Annual travel pass & Cycle to work scheme
📚 Learning budget - £800 per annum
🧘♂️ Wellness budget - £600 per annum
🏖 Bi-annual offsite and regular get-togethers
😀 A great team of talented individuals who love what we do