FitXR are looking for an IT Services Manager as they embark on their next stage of growth who is solutions-oriented and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment. You will support the needs of their rapidly scaling business by defining their IT strategy and processes whilst maintaining the day-to-day operations of IT service.
We believe in a future where exercise everywhere - whether that is the gym, the park or at home - is enhanced through engaging technology that extends your reality.
To achieve this vision we are first building the world’s first virtual gym. We started life in a garden shed in Woking. Today, we’re known as the team behind the award-winning VR App FitXR, one of the top-selling games on the Oculus and Steam stores. We have big plans for the future, and our growing team of developers, marketers and fitness gurus are working to create some truly iconic games to show that staying fit and having fun are not mutually exclusive.
We are looking for a technology specialist.
You will partner across our business to create, implement, and maintain internal technology systems while supporting the hardware needs of our rapidly expanding team. You will be a central figure in maintaining our cybersecurity processes that keeps our employees, data, and users safe and running smoothly.
What you’ll experience
- Autonomy to lead on our IT support, Information Security and hardware/software procurement.
- Ability to shape new IT initiatives across the company.
- Own projects from conception through to completion.
- Support our people to have the right information and tools, in the right place at the right time to succeed.
A typical month would include
- Lead desktop and service support efforts, making sure all consumer and in-house proprietary desktop applications, workstations, and related equipment problems are resolved in a timely manner with limited disruptions.
- Troubleshoot hardware and software issues related to internal IT while managing individual employee hardware needs across the organization.
- Act as IT systems administrator for our cloud service providers and internal systems.
- Own and lead root cause analysis, problem management, and incident management of production IT issues.
- Evaluate the current Information Security status across the company and advise on the best way to keep our work secure
- Analyse business requirements by partnering with key stakeholders across the organisation to develop solutions for IT needs
- Lead large IT projects, including the design and deployment of new IT systems and services
- Monitor performance of information technology systems to determine cost and productivity levels and to make recommendations for improving the IT infrastructure
- Define and develop IT KPIs and negotiate Service Level Agreements internally and with external partners.
- Own the software vendor selection process, ensuring new software is evaluated and integrated efficiently into the business.
- Manage relationships with third-party software and hardware vendors, providing the management layer for accessing support services outside of the company.
- Act as the company’s Data Protection Officer to ensure GDPR and DPA compliance
- Support 24/7 production systems with occasional on-call duty as the first line of support.
🧘♂️ Flexible hours 40-hour working week (core working hours typically 10-4.30)
💴 six-monthly pay reviews
💻 brand new equipment and VR headset
⛑ Private Health insurance
🧳 Unlimited leave policy, the average FiXR takes 35 days
🚴 Annual travel pass & Cycle to work scheme
📚 Learning budget - £800 per annum
🧘♂️ Wellness budget - £600 per annum
🏖 Bi-annual offsite and regular get-togethers
😀 A great team of talented individuals who love what we do