FitXR are looking for a DevOps Engineer to join their infrastructure engineering chapter, supporting agile teams moving from “dev to prod” in their rapidly growing platform.
We believe in a future where exercise everywhere - whether that is the gym, the park or at home - is enhanced through engaging technology that extends your reality.
To achieve this vision we are first building the world’s first virtual gym. We started life in a garden shed in Woking. Today, we’re known as the team behind the award-winning VR App FitXR, one of the top-selling games on the Oculus and Steam stores. We have big plans for the future, and our growing team of developers, marketers and fitness gurus are working to create some truly iconic games to show that staying fit and having fun are not mutually exclusive.
As a DevOps Engineer, you’ll work collaboratively with other engineering team members to deploy software, maintain and operate our systems. You will assist in automating and streamlining our operations and processes, through maintaining tools for deployment, operations and monitoring of key systems. You will play an important part in troubleshooting and resolving issues in our production environments and maintaining uptime for our internal/external applications and platforms.
If you love designing services with leading DevOps practices, know the critical importance of network and data security, have excellent problem solving skills and are able to communicate and work effectively with diverse business groups to create consumer-grade services, we’d be delighted to hear from you.
- Gather requirements, build infrastructure and tooling to support FitXR product initiatives.
- Provide technical mentorship, troubleshooting expertise and architectural insight to colleagues across the business.
- Build tools and processes to reduce barriers, decrease friction and speed up the delivery of products.
- Scale existing technologies or promote new technologies to out-pace our growth projections.
- Evangelise next-generation Cloud products and processes, experiment with their implementation and bring them to fruition.
- Collaborate with other engineering teams on microservices system architecture and API design
- Support 24/7 production systems with occasional on-call duty
- Be a conduit for technical expertise through liaising with our infrastructure partners to support 2nd and 3rd party systems.
- Provide incident resolution for all technical production issues.
- Support the company’s Data Protection Officer and policies to ensure GDPR and DPA compliance.
- Proven experience with Jenkins-based CI/CD including; integration, operations, management and maintenance.
- Relevant experience in IT Infrastructure, including general Unix and Windows sysadmin skills in OS, networking and process level.
- Strong programming and scripting fundamentals (C#, .NET, Powershell, Bash)
- Confidence with designing and managing production Unix container ecosystems (Docker, Fargate/ECS, Kubernetes, service discovery, service registry)
- Consistent record of securely architecting and managing cloud platforms like AWS using Infrastructure as Code techniques
- Understanding in designing and managing alerting platforms using monitoring tools such as Prometheus and Grafana.
- Ability to solve problems by working with team members to resolve production issues.
- Technical skills in SQL and NoSQL database technologies, CDN, network analysis tools and distributed systems.
- Experience with software version control systems.
- A default desire to write tools and applications to automate work rather than do everything by hand.
- Function with SLAs/OLAs and KPIs.
- Understanding of enterprise network architecture with particular emphasis on load balancing, firewalls, proxies, ACLs, DNS and virtual networks.
- Natural inclination to write solid documentation, playbooks, how-to guides and troubleshooting materials
- Highly organised with a logical approach and ability to work calmly under pressure
- Adapt at prioritising multiple issues in a high pressure environment
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field
- Experience in cyber security and data protection best practices
- AWS or other recognised sysadmin certifications such as ITIL, CompTIA, LPIC etc.
- Technical understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
- Relevant knowledge and experience of Agile working practices
- Good understanding of TLS encryption and digital signature technology
- Experience working as an Engineer in video game production
- Experience working with Software Engineering teams to ensure GDPR and DPA compliance for data processing in production environments.
🧘♂️ Flexible hours 40-hour working week (core working hours typically 10-4.30)
💴 six-monthly pay reviews
💻 brand new equipment and VR headset
⛑ Private Health insurance
🧳 Unlimited leave policy, the average FiXR takes 35 days
🚴 Annual travel pass & Cycle to work scheme
📚 Learning budget - £800 per annum
🧘♂️ Wellness budget - £600 per annum
🏖 Bi-annual offsite and regular get-togethers
😀 A great team of talented individuals who love what we do