Wefarm are looking for a Senior Product Manager to join their newly created Recommendation squad, which focuses on how they can use machine learning to continually improve the relevancy of information for users of their online community platform.
This is an opportunity to get involved from the beginning in shaping users’ online experience, including how to identify and surface content from trusted community members in the most relevant ways, and create links between conversations and purchasing opportunities.
Wefarm is the world’s largest platform connecting the small-scale farming community. Millions of farmers, retailers, and brands come together on Wefarm to grow their businesses.
Small-scale farming is one of the largest and most important industries in the world, with over one billion people globally involved in it. We’re working towards connecting this community so small-scale farmers can gain a better position in global agricultural supply chains. Some of the world’s leading VCs are backing us on this mission, including True Ventures in Silicon Valley.
Since our launch in 2015, we’ve grown to serve over two million farmers across Kenya, Uganda, and Tanzania. Our platform has facilitated the (free) exchange of over 18 million messages to share knowledge, generated over $5 million in marketplace sales, and sold nearly half a million products.
So far, we’ve partnered with 100+ brands to give our members fair prices on the quality products they are looking for.
Our next milestone is to have 100 million farmers benefiting from Wefarm. Join us and be part of our mission to build an ecosystem for global agriculture, with the farmer at the centre.
You’ll be a key part of a cross-functional squad, driving a test and learn approach to product development in order to make the biggest impact on repeat engagement and purchasing with Wefarm.
Outcome 1: Lead the product discovery process to find scalable ways of making relevant content discoverable, and link users to revenue-generating opportunities
- Understand the needs of our farmers and how they assess the relevancy and quality of information
- Work with the Tech Lead, Engineers and Data Scientists to design, develop and deploy our recommendation models
- Work with the squad to develop a clear and compelling user experience for content discovery on our platform
- Iterate and improve upon the recommendation models based on key metrics and user insights
Outcome 2: Ensure the squad is aligned with company goals
- Facilitate the alignment of squad OKRs with company OKRs
- Ensure that the squad understands both user and business needs and is focused on solving the most impactful problems for users that drive business value
- Empower the team to make decisions, reducing blockers and information gaps
- Understand the operational impact of product prioritisation decisions and align with the commercial and operational teams to ensure we can support our users and retail partners
You should apply if you:
- Excel at understanding user behaviour and translating that into product functionality that meets key user needs
- Are an advocate of an iterative test and learn approach to product development, building the product together with our users
- Have a data-driven mindset, with demonstrated success in launching product features powered by data science that improve key metrics
- Communicate effectively, bringing excitement and alignment across the business around product development plans and priorities
- Have a collaborative approach to working with development teams and empower all team members to contribute to determining the right things to build
- Are comfortable with ambiguity and rapid change, knowing when we have “enough” data and insights to make decisions
- Your decisions focus on what is right, not who is right
- Bring a positive energy to your team and a passion for working on things that improve people’s lives
- You are aligned with Wefarm's culture and values
Rewards package and remuneration
Wefarm is a global business that believes in flexible working and shared ownership.
Every Wefarmer is a shareholder in the business; we are all the makers and owners of Wefarm’s vision. We also offer pension packages and healthcare benefits, which vary slightly by location of employment, and global mental health support services through Spill.
As a global business we believe that remote first is the future of work, and support our teams in creating the best setup for their personal situation; every Wefarmer gets the standard tech they need and a stipend to set up their home office & we offer flexible office bases in our four main hub cities. Being remote first doesn’t mean we don’t spend time together though; we have regular global team events (virtual for now) and local meet ups (where possible), bi-weekly All Hands meeting to make sure everyone is up to date, and will get back to our annual WeCamp global get togethers as soon as we can do that safely.
Equal Opportunity Statement
At Wefarm, we’re building a place where everyone belongs and can add value, regardless of their background - and our team is no different. We’re working hard to create a diverse and inclusive culture where we take inspiration from different experiences, backgrounds and ways of thinking. If you share our values and enthusiasm for connecting the world’s small-scale farmers, you may be a great fit for Wefarm.