Crowdcube are looking for an engaged and highly organised person to join their Compliance team as a Compliance Analyst. They’re enabling great businesses to succeed through equity crowdfunding and as a Compliance Analyst, you will be part of a company's funding journey from start to finish, ensuring we uphold the highest standards when undertaking checks on each business, entrepreneur, and investor that come to the platform. This role is ideally based in their Exeter office, but could also be remote within the UK.
Who we are:
As a leading equity crowdfunding platform, Crowdcube raises finance for Europe's hottest high-growth businesses by giving investors the opportunity to back businesses they believe in.Having amassed an investor community of over 1 million people, which have funded over 1,000 businesses, Crowdcube was named the most active investor in private equity in 2020. The team at Crowdcube are inspired by an unshakable belief in entrepreneurs that dream big, push at the edges and want to make a difference. Our mission is to make funding accessible for everyone, helping to fuel the next generation of businesses who want to leave a mark on the world.
Crowdcube is a regulated business and so the Compliance function is an integral part of what we do. As a Compliance Analyst, reporting into the Senior Compliance Analyst, you will play a vital role in ensuring that our due diligence checks on entrepreneurs, investors, and businesses that come to Crowdcube are thorough and accurate. We will provide training and set you up for success; as your knowledge and skills develop, you will gradually take on more responsibilities and you will have the support of the wider team throughout.
Day to day you will:
- Review financial promotions and conducting due diligence on ‘pitch’ text
- Undertake Anti Money Laundering, Know Your Customer & Know Your Business reviews of companies and directors
- Prepare daily cash and monthly asset reconciliations
- Monitor Trading Patterns
- Collaborate with other teams and entrepreneurs around compliance matters
You’ll be able to demonstrate a practical and logical approach to working. You are detail-oriented and organised so your work is accurate but precipitous. You approach new challenges with enthusiasm and are comfortable asking questions.
Ideally you will have:
- Demonstrable experience of multitasking, prioritising your workload and meeting deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Previous experience in a similar role such as compliance, policy or as part of a regulated environment would be preferred but not essential
And you will:
- Have a bias to action, with an energy for things that are challenging but that will be incredibly rewarding when done.
- Be great at building relationships, you know how to listen to and influence others so that expectations are managed and the right outcomes are met.
- Have a flair for problem-solving, identifying the right information needed to tackle a problem in a logical manner.
- Be detail-oriented, you are thorough when accomplishing a task, you don’t overlook even the smallest detail.
- Start-up DNA: be resilient, are comfortable with uncertainty, adaptable to change, used to working in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment and know when to fight for the right thing and when to say no.
We like to nurture talent and ensure members of our team develop and hone their skills through training, attending conferences, subscriptions to online courses, and participation in hackathons. We’re passionate and hard-working, and we take care of our team:
- £20K - 25K DOE
- EMI Options
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays and volunteer hours
- Pension Scheme at 4% matched
- Private Medical Scheme with AXA and dental & optical cash plan
- Life Assurance Scheme
- Access to Sunlight - a learning & development platform with a £1000 training and wellness budget per year
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Weekly demos to show what we're working on, monthly team meetings and regular company socials.
- Company perks such as fruit, snacks, fitness classes and weekly office beers
- Company outings and activities (previous fun included a trip to a gin distillery, karaoke, charity football match, Square Mile Relay, bowling and a day at River Cottage)
Our interview process typically consists of an initial phone screen, an interview with the hiring manager, followed by a final interview with other members of the team. There aren't any trick questions.
Our policy is to employ the best-qualified people and provide equal opportunity for the advancement of employees including promotion and training and not to discriminate against any person because of gender, race, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, religion, belief or disability.