Crowdcube are looking for a customer-focused, data-driven Senior Product Manager to join their Product team. They want to find someone who loves the world of business and start-ups; who can put themselves in the shoes of an entrepreneur working tirelessly to realise their company’s mission; who is excited about enabling retail investors to be part of that journey. You will need an unshakeable customer focus and a results-driven approach to product development. This role could be based in London or Cardiff.
Who we are:
As a leading equity crowdfunding platform, Crowdcube raises finance for Europe's hottest high-growth businesses by giving investors the opportunity to back businesses they believe in. Having amassed an investor community of over 1 million people, which have funded over 1,000 businesses, Crowdcube was named the most active investor in private equity in 2020.
Crowdcube was inspired by an unshakable belief in entrepreneurs that dream big, push at the edges and want to make a difference. Our mission is to make funding accessible for everyone, helping to fuel the next generation of business who want to leave a mark on the world.
Since founding in 2011, we’ve successfully funded over 1,000 crowdfunding campaigns with brands from across the globe, such as Monzo, Brewdog, Grind and what3words .
What we stand for:
We believe in a culture of curiosity. We love new thinking and big ideas that challenge the status quo. We know success is rarely free; it’s hard-fought and a struggle that often requires grit, tenacity and hard work. We value the power of people and know that we’re stronger together. We adore ambition, whatever it may be, to make a difference, to have an impact.
We’re on the hunt for talented individuals with an entrepreneurial spirit. Are you with us?
What you will be doing:
As a Senior Product Manager at Crowdcube, reporting into our VP of Product, you will own the delivery of value to the businesses and investors across our product suite. You will go to great lengths to understand the processes and goals of internal stakeholders in order to create solutions that work for them and our customers. You will become an expert in our customers, our strategic goals and our mission.
Day to day you will:
- Build great relationships with internal teams and our customers, and do everything you can to understand their needs and problems.
- Use Scrum/Kanban framework to drive a cross-functional team to address these needs and test possible solutions.
- Be driven by measurable impact on the customer experience and the business.
- Use in-depth data analysis to drive product development.
- Talk to our customers regularly and carry out usability testing
- Use insight from research to drive the prioritisation of work and development of the roadmap.
- Identify the problem to be solved, without becoming wedded to a solution.
- Encourage and foster input from all levels and disciplines in the team.
- Manage expectations of stakeholders while ensuring they feel listened to and understood.
- Clearly communicate the goals, progress and achievements of the team widely to the rest of the company.
Ideally, you will:
- Have substantial experience managing complex products in a technology-driven, customer-focused company.
- Have proven experience in driving process improvements to create a happy and productive team
- Have experience of working in a Start-Up.
- Have an understanding of web and mobile development technologies, methods, and processes, and enjoy building demos, prototypes, and proofs of concept.
- Be comfortable performing data analysis using SQL, Excel, and/or Google Spreadsheets or analytics tools.
- Have experience in user research and usability testing (or strong desire to gain this experience)
- Have excellent written English and verbal communication skills.
- Have a strong sense of good product design and user experience
- Be willing to try your hand at any tasks needed to ensure the success of your product.
- Demonstrate integrity, trustworthiness, and strong personal values.
- Have strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Have a bias to action, preferring an imperfect decision that enables learning over no decision at all.
- Consistently put the customer at the centre of your work
- Are a curious and inquisitive person with a desire to learn and work outside your comfort zone.
- Are an excellent listener and understand the importance of diverse points of view and experiences.
- Are a strong communicator with a natural flair for influencing others.
- Are humble and happy to admit when you are wrong.
What we are offering:
We like to nurture talent and ensure members of our team develop and hone their skills through training, attending conferences, subscriptions to online courses. We’re passionate and hard-working, and we take care of our team:
- £60-80K DOE
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays + holiday for tenure
- Pension Scheme at 4% matched
- Private Medical Scheme with AXA including dental and optical cash plans
- Life Assurance Scheme
- Access to Sunlight - a learning & development platform with a £1000 training and wellness budget per year
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Weekly demos to show what we're working on, monthly team meetings and regular company socials.
- Company perks such as fruit, snacks, fitness classes and weekly office beers
- Company outings and activities (previous fun included a trip to a gin distillery, karaoke, charity football match, Square Mile Relay, bowling and a day at River Cottage)
Our interview process typically consists of an initial phone screen, an interview with the hiring manager and a task, followed by a final interview with other members of the team. There aren't any trick questions and the task will typically be based on a real scenario the team have worked on.
Our policy is to employ the best-qualified people and provide equal opportunity for the advancement of employees including promotion and training and not to discriminate against any person because of gender, race, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, religion, belief or disability.
We are a flexible workplace. This enables Cubers and future Cubers to do their best work in whatever way is best for them and the business. We commit to treating all employees equally, whether they are home or office-based. We do not reward presenteeism but focus on impact. Employees may choose a different work schedule to meet personal or family needs. This includes early finishes, late starts, selecting your own working hours, and you may also choose to split your time between home and office.