Crowdcube are looking for a talented and proactive In-house Recruiter with experience in the full recruitment life-cycle to join their team. They’re enabling great businesses to succeed through equity crowdfunding and as part of the talent function at Crowdcube, you will have the opportunity to get a real feel for their business, develop an understanding of the fintech space, as well as put your stamp on their recruitment strategy whilst contributing to building a high-performing, happy team.
Crowdcube was inspired by an unshakable belief in entrepreneurs that dream big, push at the edges and want to make a difference. Our mission is to make funding accessible for everyone, helping to fuel the next generation of businesses who want to leave a mark on the world.
Since founding in 2011, we’ve successfully funded over 1,300 crowdfunding campaigns with brands from across the globe, such as Monzo, BrewDog, Grind and what3words.
What we stand for:
We believe in a culture of curiosity. We love new thinking and big ideas that challenge the status quo. We know success is rarely free; it’s hard-fought and a struggle that often requires grit, tenacity and hard work. We value the power of people and know that we’re stronger together. We adore ambition, whatever it may be, to make a difference, to have an impact.
The team is growing and we have extensive hiring planned. We’re on the hunt for talented individuals with an entrepreneurial spirit. Are you with us?
What you will be doing:
As a recruiter at Crowdcube, reporting to our People & Workplace Operations Manager, you will work closely with hiring managers across the business to identify and execute on our recruitment needs. We need someone who enjoys nurturing their network, building a pipeline of talent, creating structured interview processes, whilst ensuring candidates have a great interviewing experience from first point of contact to onboarding. This role has a heavy recruitment focus but also requires the successful candidate to act as a brand ambassador and increase our visibility in the talent market by promoting our culture, our values and our work environment.
Day to day you will be responsible for:
- Managing the full recruitment life-cycle.
- Business partnering with hiring managers across the business to uncover and meet their hiring needs.
- Developing and updating job descriptions and job specifications.
- Preparing recruitment materials and posting jobs to appropriate boards, social media sites, etc...
- Sourcing and recruiting candidates using a mixture of methods and tools to fill open positions and anticipate future needs
- Organising and/or attending career fairs, meetups and other events.
- Planning and conducting recruitment and selection processes (screening calls, interview tasks, onsite interviews, etc…)
- Taking steps to ensure a positive candidate experience (NPS)
- Compiling recruiting data and metrics to create reports that will help you identify areas for improvements.
Ideally you will:
- Have proven recruitment experience either gained in-house or in agency and hiring into London based roles.
- Have hands-on experience with various selection techniques and the ability to conduct different types of interviews.
- Be used to working with Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS) and databases.
- Be a strong communicator, able to adapt to different audiences both verbally and in writing.
- Preferably have experience of working in a start-up or recruiting in the tech space and specifically hiring in London.
- An interest in learning about other aspects of people management.
- Have a bias to action, preferring an imperfect decision that triggers learning over no decision at all.
- Are a curious and inquisitive person with a desire to learn and work outside your comfort zone.
- Are a relationship builder, you're able to partner and collaborate with different stakeholders as well as cultivate strong relationships with candidates, by listening and addressing their needs.
- Are highly organised and comfortable managing and prioritising multiple open roles in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
What we are offering:
We like to nurture talent and ensure members of our team develop and hone their skills through training, attending conferences, subscriptions to online courses, and participation in hackathons. We’re passionate and hard-working, and we take care of our team:
- Circa £30-45K DOE
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Pension Scheme at 4% matched
- Private Medical Scheme including dental and optical cash plan
- Life Insurance Scheme
- Access to Sunlight - a learning & development platform with a £1000 training budget per year
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Weekly demos to show what we're working on, monthly team meetings and bi-monthly company socials.
- Company perks such as fruit, snacks and weekly office beers
- Company outings and activities (2019’s fun included a trip to a gin distillery, karaoke, charity football match, Square Mile Relay, bowling and a day at River Cottage)
- This role could be based in any of our UK offices with a choice of 1-2 days or 3-5 days in the office or potentially fully remote.
Our interview process typically consists of an initial phone screen, a take-home task, and an on-site interview. There aren’t any trick questions and the task has been set to reflect the requirements of the role.
Our policy is to employ the best-qualified people and provide equal opportunity for the advancement of employees including promotion and training and not to discriminate against any person because of gender, race, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, religion, belief or disability.