Crowdcube are looking for an Inside Sales Manager (Equity Fundraising Manager) to join their Commercial team, focused on bringing the best of early-stage businesses to the Crowdcube platform.
As an EFM, you will get to speak to amazing founders and entrepreneurs from around the UK and educate them about crowdfunding and the fundraising process on the Crowdcube platform. This is the perfect opportunity for a passionate person to help Crowdcube shape the world of start-up finance and have a real impact on entrepreneurs’ lives.
The role is based in our London office, which is currently in Spitalfields.
Crowdcube was inspired by an unshakable belief in entrepreneurs that dream big, push at the edges and want to make a difference. Our mission is to make funding accessible for everyone, helping to fuel the next generation of business who want to leave a mark on the world.
Since founding in 2011, we’ve successfully funded over 1,000 crowdfunding campaigns with brands from across the globe, such as Monzo, BrewDog, Grind and Cowboy.
What we stand for:
We believe in a culture of curiosity. We love new thinking and big ideas that test the status quo. We know success is rarely free; it’s hard-fought and a struggle that often requires grit, tenacity and hard work. We value the power of people and know that we’re stronger as a crowd. We adore motivation, whatever it may be, to make a difference, to have an impact.
We’re on the hunt for talented people with an entrepreneurial spirit. Are you with us?
What you will be doing:
As an Equity Fundraising Manager at Crowdcube, you will have the opportunity to speak to amazing founders and entrepreneurs from around the UK and to educate them about crowdfunding and the fundraising process on our platform.
Day to day you will:
· Source new sales opportunities through inbound lead follow-up and the execution of outbound strategies
· Understand customer needs and requirements and proactively introduce the company’s suite of solutions to new customers
· Provide qualified opportunities to the appropriate sales executives for further development and closure
· Close sales and achieve quarterly sales and forecast pipeline quotas
· Research accounts, identify key players and generate interest
· Maintain and expand your database of prospects
· Work with channel partners to build pipeline and close deals
The varied nature of this role means there is no set profile for the ‘perfect’ EFM, however, you will ideally have some working knowledge of inside sales, lead qualification and start-ups. The job requires a wide set of skills, including top-notch interpersonal skills, a commercial mindset, understanding of a sales process, and a genuine empathy for entrepreneurs and the challenges they go through. We look for self-starters; you need to act as an entrepreneur yourself, and are expected to challenge the way you work, adapting accordingly to the needs of your clients and the business.
· Have proven inside sales experience
· Have a track record of over-achieving quota
·Are confident working with data, exceptionally detail orientated and organised.
· Are commercially focused and able to prioritise effectively to drive revenue and achieve targets.
· Are hardworking and able to embrace the change that is constant in a fast growth business.
· Must be comfortable making dozens of calls per day, working with channel partners, generating interest, qualifying prospects and closing sales.
· Are curious and inquisitive with a desire to learn and work outside your comfort zone.
· Are a team player, able to collaborate with and support members of other teams to achieve the same goal.
And you will have:
· A passion for start-ups, entrepreneurship and fintech.
· Experience working with a CRM (ideally Salesforce) and experience with a sales automation platform (ideally Outreach)
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Familiarity with Crowdcube, you’ve either invested with us, have registered as an investor or worked at one of our portfolio companies
What we are offering:
We like to nurture talent and ensure members of our team develop and hone their skills through training, conferences, subscriptions to online courses, and participation in hackathons. We’re passionate and hard-working, and we take care of our team:
- £Competitive (DOE) + up to 25% commission
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays plus volunteer hours
- Pension Scheme at 4% matched
- Private Medical Scheme with AXA plus dental & optical cashplan
- Life Assurance Scheme
- Access to Sunlight - a learning & development platform with a £1000 training & wellbeing budget per year!
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Weekly demos to show what we're working on, monthly team meetings and regular company socials.
- Company perks such as fruit, snacks, fitness classes and weekly office beers
- Company outings and activities (previous fun included a trip to a gin distillery, karaoke, charity football match, Square Mile Relay, bowling, BBQs)
Our interview process typically consists of an initial phone screen, an interview with the hiring manager and a task, followed by a final interview with other members of the team. There aren’t any trick questions and the task will typically be based on a real scenario the team has worked on.
Our policy is to employ the best-qualified people and provide equal opportunity for the advancement of employees including promotion and training and not to discriminate against any person because of gender, race, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, religion, belief or disability.