Crowdcube are on the hunt for a talented individual with an entrepreneurial spirit to be their new Head of Investor Operations. They believe in a culture of curiosity and love new thinking and big ideas that challenge the status quo.
They know success is rarely free; it’s hard-fought and a struggle that often requires grit, tenacity and hard work. They value the power of people and know that we’re stronger together. They adore ambition, whatever it may be, to make a difference, to have an impact.
Who we are:
Crowdcube was inspired by an unshakable belief in entrepreneurs that dream big, push at the edges and want to make a difference. Our mission is to make funding accessible for everyone, helping to fuel the next generation of business who want to leave a mark on the world.
Since founding in 2011, we’ve successfully funded over 1,000 crowdfunding campaigns with brands from across the globe, such as Monzo, BrewDog, Grind and Cowboy.
What you will be doing:
In this position based in our central Exeter office, you will have overall responsibility for managing the Investor Operations team of four people and all investor matters, including but not limited to:
- administering periodic payment of bond interest payments (and redemptions) to bond investors (including liaising with bond companies)
- administering the transfer or redemption of bonds following the death of a bondholder
- administering exit and dividend payments due to shareholders
- managing the reconciliation of bond and exit payments to ensure records are updated
- managing the sign-off and review of internal custodial reconciliation on a daily basis working with the Investor Operations and Compliance teams
- managing workflow and allocation of work in the Investor Operations team
- supporting the investor operations team in answering queries post-funding, in relation to their investment, transfers, EIS, votes/other corporate actions
- dealing with investor complaints in the first instance (with Compliance/Legal input and escalation as required)
- developing processes (with and without product support) for improving the efficiency of dealing with investor queries
- working closely with the Product team to improve the investor experience for investors on Crowdcube, including improvements to the portfolio and other new product offerings
We are looking for someone with the following:
- High attention to detail, extremely organised with the ability to prioritise your own workload and manage your own time.
- Previous experience gained in or supporting a finance team, in financial services or regulated environments with particular experience of making payments and account reconciliation.
- Experience in managing a team
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Proven knowledge of MS Office and/or Google Apps for work.
- Ability to problem solve
What we are offering:
We like to nurture talent and ensure members of our team develop and hone their skills through training, conferences, subscriptions to online courses, and participation in hackathons. We’re passionate and hard-working, and we take care of our team:
- £35-50K DOE
- 12-14 month contract (start date by the end of May 2021) Maternity Cover
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays plus volunteer hours
- Matched Pension Scheme 4%
- Private Medical Scheme with AXA plus dental & optical cashplans
- Life Assurance Scheme 4x annual salary
- Access to Sunlight - a learning & development platform with a £1000 training & wellbeing budget per year
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Weekly demos to show what we're working on, monthly team meetings and regular company socials.
- Company perks such as fruit, snacks, fitness classes and weekly office beers
- Company outings and activities (previous fun included a trip to River Cottage, karaoke, Exeter Business Games, Square Mile Relay, bowling, quizzes, comedy night.)
Our interview process typically consists of an initial phone screen, an interview with the hiring manager and a final interview with other members of the team. There aren’t any trick questions.
Our policy is to employ the best-qualified people and provide equal opportunity for the advancement of employees including promotion and training and not to discriminate against any person because of gender, race, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, religion, belief or disability.