Crowdcube are looking for a Senior Equity Fundraising Manager to join their Commercial team, focused on bringing the best of early-stage businesses to the Crowdcube platform. This is the perfect opportunity for someone who has a keen interest in start-ups and business, a knack for developing lasting relationships, and eager to help Crowdcube shape the world of start-up finance and have a real impact on entrepreneurs' lives.
The role is based in our London office, which is currently in Spitalfields.
Who we are:
Crowdcube was inspired by an unshakable belief in entrepreneurs that dream big, push at the edges and want to make a difference. Our mission is to make funding accessible for everyone, helping to fuel the next generation of business who want to leave a mark on the world.
Since founding in 2011, we’ve successfully funded over 1,000 crowdfunding campaigns with brands from across the globe, such as Monzo, BrewDog, Grind and Cowboy.
What we stand for:
We believe in a culture of curiosity. We love new thinking and big ideas that test the status quo. We know success is rarely free; it’s hard-fought and a struggle that often requires grit, tenacity and hard work. We value the power of people and know that we’re stronger in a crowd. We adore motivation, whatever it may be, to make a difference, to have an impact.
We’re on the hunt for talented people with an entrepreneurial spirit. Are you with us?
Day to day you will:
- Generate leads for new investment opportunities, either through cold outreach, tapping into your network for referrals, or through our marketing activities.
- Build and maintain relations with startup founders and management teams in order to gain an understanding of their business and funding requirements.
- Collaborate with colleagues from across the business, including partnerships and marketing, to improve processes and provide feedback.
- Cultivate a thorough understanding of the alternative finance/startup/funding industry and keep abreast of significant developments.
You will be:
- A self-starter who needs little guidance and takes ownership
- Commercially focused and able to prioritise effectively to drive revenue and achieve targets.
- Confident in speaking with C level executives, business founders and management teams, with a natural flair for building relationships.
- Hardworking and able to embrace the change that is constant in a fast growth business.
- A curious and inquisitive person with a desire to learn and work outside one’s comfort zone.
- Comfortable publicly representing Crowdcube externally via presentations, panel debates and meetings.
And you will have:
- A passion for start-ups, entrepreneurship and alternative finance.
- Previous consultative sales, business development and/or commercial partnership experience.
- Experience of working in a targeted environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of the London startup eco-system, ideally an existing network
What we are offering:
We like to nurture talent and ensure members of our team develop and hone their skills through training, conferences, subscriptions to online courses, and participation in hackathons. We’re passionate and hard-working, and we take care of our team:
- £35K - £45K + up to 25% commission (DOE)
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Pension Scheme at 4% matched
- Private Medical Scheme with AXA plus dental & optical cashplan
- Life Assurance Scheme
- Access to Sunlight - a learning & development platform with a £1000 training & wellbeing budget per year!
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Weekly demos to show what we're working on, monthly team meetings and regular company socials.
- Company perks such as fruit, snacks, fitness classes and weekly office beers
- Company outings and activities (previous fun included a trip to a gin distillery, karaoke, charity football match, Square Mile Relay, bowling, BBQs)
Our interview process typically consists of an initial phone screen, an interview with the hiring manager and a task, followed by a final interview with other members of the team. There aren't any trick questions and the task will typically be based on a real scenario the team have worked on.
Our policy is to employ the best-qualified people and provide equal opportunity for the advancement of employees including promotion and training and not to discriminate against any person because of gender, race, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, religion, belief or disability.