Crowdcube are looking for an Equity Campaigns Manager to join their London team, to launch a mixture of Seed (£150k+) to Growth (£1M+) equity crowdfunding campaigns on the Crowdcube platform.
As Equity Campaigns Manager, you will use your project management, marketing and communication skills and your focus will be on developing excellent relationships with both external and internal stakeholders, to deliver strong results consistently. You’ll work closely with all other departments including compliance, legal and marketing.
To perform in this role you will need to be able to put yourself in the clients' shoes, to understand their brand and how they will navigate the crowdfunding process and achieve the best outcome for their business.
The role is based in our London office, which is currently in Spitalfields.
Who we are
Crowdcube was inspired by an unshakable belief in entrepreneurs that dream big, push at the edges and want to make a difference. Our mission is to make funding accessible for everyone, helping to fuel the next generation of business who want to leave a mark on the world.
Since founding in 2011, we’ve successfully funded over 1,300 crowdfunding campaigns with brands from across the globe, such as Monzo, BrewDog, Grind and what3words.
What we stand for
We believe in a culture of curiosity. We love new thinking and big ideas that test the status quo. We know success is rarely free; it’s hard-fought and a struggle that often requires grit, tenacity and hard work. We value the power of people and know that we’re stronger in a crowd. We adore motivation, whatever it may be, to make a difference, to have an impact.
We’re on the hunt for talented people with an entrepreneurial spirit. Are you with us?
Day to Day Responsibilities
- Pick up client relationship and remain key point of contact through the campaign process
- Face to face and telephone meetings with key stakeholders
- Project manage internally and externally to ensure key deadlines are not missed
- Assist in finalising the sales process
- Guide opportunities through the entire ECM funnel. Liaise between teams where necessary to ensure a smooth experience for the client and an efficient internal process.
- Educate on requirements for successfully executing a large crowdfunding campaign
- Analyse active pitch performance and develop optimisation strategies with entrepreneurs
- Provide advice on effective PR strategy and work with PR team.
- Keep systems and client information up to date before and during campaigns
You will be:
- A self-starter who needs little guidance and takes ownership
- Commercially focused and able to prioritise effectively to drive revenue and achieve targets
- Confident in speaking with C level executives, business founders and management teams, with a natural flair for building relationships
- Hardworking and able to embrace the change that is constant in a fast-growth business
- A curious and inquisitive person with a desire to learn and work outside one’s comfort zone
- Well organised, a great communicator and have the ability to manage many client accounts at the same time
And you will have:
- A passion for start-ups, entrepreneurship and alternative finance
- Previous marketing agency, account management experience and/or fast-paced startup experience
- Project management experience
- Experience of working in a targeted environment
- Excellent organisational, written and verbal communication skills
What we are offering:
We like to nurture talent and ensure members of our team develop and hone their skills through training, conferences, subscriptions to online courses, and participation in hackathons. We’re passionate and hard-working, and we take care of our team:
- £30K - £40K & up to 20% commission (DOE)
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays plus volunteer hours
- Pension Scheme at 4% matched
- Private Medical Scheme with AXA plus dental & optical cashplan
- Life Assurance Scheme
- Access to Sunlight - a learning & development platform with a £1000 training & wellbeing budget per year
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Weekly demos to show what we're working on, monthly team meetings and regular company socials.
- Company perks such as fruit, snacks, fitness classes and weekly office beers
- Company outings and activities (previous fun included a trip to a gin distillery, karaoke, charity football match, Square Mile Relay, bowling, BBQs)
Our interview process typically consists of an initial phone screen, an interview with the hiring manager and a task, followed by a final interview with other members of the team. There aren’t any trick questions and the task will typically be based on a real scenario the team has worked on.
Our policy is to employ the best-qualified people and provide equal opportunity for the advancement of employees including promotion and training and not to discriminate against any person because of gender, race, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, religion, belief or disability.