We are looking for a contract Full Stack Engineer for 6 months here at INSHUR, working on a platform which covers multiple territories, including UK, New York and new European countries and US territories as we expand.
What you'll do
As a contract Full Stack Engineer, you will be responsible for assisting with the design and development of applications that interact with external 3rd party and internal backend systems. Those applications are part of a larger insurance platform delivery project. Tasks may include (but not be limited to) designing and implementing customer facing applications, internal administration applications, data migration applications and improving tooling and deployment systems. You will be able to use your knowledge and skills to create modern, well designed and tested applications to help deliver the new insurance platform.
We'd love to hear from you if you:
- Are an expert in some of the following; Node JS, React, GraphQL, HTML and CSS
- Have experience with Flutter and Typescript although these are nice to haves
- Know how to get your code to production, and the pitfalls you might encounter along the way
- Talk in terms of Cache-Control and Content-Security-Policy headers
- Understand what good UX looks like and can push back on requirements if you think there is a better way
- Understand that good communication and collaboration is needed to succeed
- Are passionate about technology, are pragmatic, and love searching for the best way to solve complex problems
- Understand the value of working in an agile environment and adapting quickly to change
We are a well-funded business at the forefront of urban mobility and one of the fastest-growing and commercially proven Insurtech companies in the new insurance landscape. Working closely with globally recognised partners we are on a mission to change the way customers buy, and feel, about insurance, for good. Our current product is an insurance app for taxi, TLC, ride-share, private fleet and private hire drivers, enabling them to get from quote to full policy and driving in the shortest possible time with a simple click of a few buttons. Our products are currently live in the US, UK and NL markets and we have exciting plans to expand to new territories and add new lines of product in 2021.
We are based in beautiful Brighton - sea, chips and seagulls included but currently work 100% remote. Post-pandemic we will be likely transitioning to a hybrid office and home-based model with travel to the office at least twice per month.