We are looking for a Contract Software Test Engineer for 6 months here at INSHUR, working on a platform which covers multiple territories, including UK, New York and new European countries and US territories as we expand.
What you'll do
As our Contract Software Test Engineer you will be joining our expanding test team. You will be working with key stakeholders and encouraged to promote testing as an activity that occurs at all levels of the department process. You will be an integral part of an agile scrum team and will be expected to design tests through models, techniques and other specialised skills and knowledge.
You will use your knowledge of testing to further improve and help deliver our insurance platform. Your work may include (but not be limited to), writing automated tests, manual test of tickets, investigative/exploratory testing, helping with performance testing and working with BAs to help with acceptance testing criteria. Your work may vary from day to day, and you will have some autonomy about what technologies are used and how the task is designed and approached. You will help to promote best practice and modern techniques in the team, driving standard forwards. The goal is working towards a deliverable insurance platform.
We'd love to hear from you if you:
- Have had plenty of exploratory testing experience in web-based products, the API level and mobile
- Have a good grasp of Python and experience of writing automated tests and scripting to assist with testing
- Have experience with using UI and API testing tools such as Selenium, pytest, robot framework and requests
- Understand how automation fits into testing and the development cycle and how it can assist with overall testing efforts
- Are passionate about quality and software testings and keen to learn and enhance your skills
- Understand the value of building relationships with developers and stakeholders to reach a common understanding and engagement about quality and software testing
We are a well-funded business at the forefront of urban mobility and one of the fastest-growing and commercially proven Insurtech companies in the new insurance landscape. Working closely with globally recognised partners we are on a mission to change the way customers buy, and feel, about insurance, for good. Our current product is an insurance app for taxi, TLC, ride-share, private fleet and private hire drivers, enabling them to get from quote to full policy and driving in the shortest possible time with a simple click of a few buttons. We are currently live in the US, UK and NL markets and we have exciting plans to expand to new territories and add new lines of product in 2021.